Follow by Email

What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Playoffs? You wanna... oh, I did this bit

But anyway, since the Monday night game is meaningless, I can tell you tonight who will be going to NHFFL Super Bowl XV.  In the late afternoon games, Mason Crosby and Mike tolbert led a 22 point comeback to give the Sunset Rangers a 39-36 win over the Aguas and their very first Super Bowl berth- and their first win in 9 tries in the playoffs!  And it looked like their opponant would be the first year Porkchops, who had a 44-41 lead with Hakeem Nicks in hand against the B2s and Eli Manning.  It really looked that way with Nicks steaming towards the end zone late in the first quarter- but he got stopped at the 2.  Eli threw 2 TD passes- neither to Nicks- to give the B2s a 47-44 win and their third trip to the Big Game.

The rosters of our SB XV contenders are as follows:

Rangers
QB Tom Brady
RBS Matt Forte (out), Darren McFadden (supposedly back in), and Mike Tolbert.
WRS AJ Green, Dwayne Bowe, Eric Decker, and Denarius Moore (also supposedly back).
K Mason Crosby
D Baltimore
RES Andy Dalton, Josh Scobie, and Detroit.

B2s
QB Eli Manning
RBS Arian Foster, Daniel Thomas, and Darren Sproules.
WRS Roddy White, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, and Marcus Colston.
K Dan Carpenter
D Chicago
RES Colt McCoy, Jay Feely, and Cleveland.

---------------------------------------------------------------

In the meantime, I went 3-1 this week in the FCS playoffs, bringing my record to 12-4. My only miss was Lehigh's punchless performance against North Dakota St.  Give me Montana in the upset over unbeaten Sam Houston St.,  and NDST over Georgia Southern.  One thing I do want to point out before I go- watch this amazing catch by Montana St against Sam Houston Saturday.



And for all that, all MST got for his effort was a field goal attempt- which they missed.  I imagine Mr. Akpla was on the bench muttering, "There oughta be a law..."

Gotta go, I got a big new bunch of beer caps in I need to check out!

No comments:

Post a Comment