What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, February 5, 2012

one day’s difference

Here’s Yesterday:


003
A day in the woods

004
You can every once and a while get Scrappy to pose the way you want!

005
Across the river is IPFW's "Tree Walk"

006
They're finally beginning to tear out some of the scrub between the river and the IPFW soccer fields.  Beginning, but sure not finished!

007
Can you say, beavers in the area?

001
One of the usually dry stream beds in the woods.  It's still very wet!

002
This just seemed so poignant to me. they grew up together, and now the living tree supports the nearly-dead one.  Just like marriage should be...
  And now, today:

008
WTF?
009
Do Do Do, looking out my back door...
010
Dug Laurie a path to the car- what a good boy am I!
011
Now THIS is February!




11 comments:

  1. Looks like you got a lot more snow than we did down here..we have barely enough to cover the muddy ground. Thanks for sharing your walk I always enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow missed us, and what we did have is all gone now. While I'm glad I don't have any to shovel, the ground seems naked without it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be nice. The forcast of it all going away was a complete flop here. Nice thick gloppy white crap everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are only in the 50's today with some slight rain. Glad you posted snow pics. Makes me think it is winter someplace, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was actually fascinated by the beaver tree. Such critters are a mystery to me.

    Boo to snow but what a good hubby you are making a path

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like what you said about the living tree and the dead tree. Great insight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like Alisa, I also like the living/dead tree. That is sweet. But what a difference a day can make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CW, may I use the pic and your words regarding the live/dead tree? I do women's ministry and I believe this will be beneficial to a couple of the women.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CWM:
    We got a total of 3 inches Saturday...then it went by-bye yesterday.
    You guys got a whole other animal up there (and we're not talking Scrappy-isms).

    Nice photos you have here, too.
    The "married" trees is wonderfully explained...nice job.

    Thos beavers are doing some kinda number on that other tree.
    (who knew?)

    You stay safe (and warmer) up there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am still running my A/C! Wow! I would love the snow, but not the work it involves. Great photos:)
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete