What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring: still Springing

Here's pics of the latest walk.


Scrappy with, "Damn it, take me for a walk!"





The little white guys are springing up...

I love Dutchman's Britches.


Now THAT'S a shaggy tree!

I just thought this was cool.



Now it's time to make a trip to The Spot...





The spot is a hidden little grotto, close to everything (look at picture three here, that's the retirement apartments in the background) but seen by no one.


Little maple guys getting a start.

SOMEBODY knows how to enjoy The Spot!  (Scrappy does good camera work, eh?)




Others just can't sit still..

Aw, the little purple guys...

I didn't know what this fellow was, but he felt like a soft mushroom to the touch.  Three or four of them called The Spot home.



It was odd to go down into the dry bed and find the remains of old Strohs, Olympia, and Miller Lite cans.

A jerk at the other end...

And this? This was the camera going off as I adjusted my hat...







4 comments:

  1. Ahhh another enjoyable walk. That little doggie of yours is a busy boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics of scrappy in the creek. He looks like he is having a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that is a mushroom, I've seen them around here in some of the wetland areas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I just wonder what kind of mushroom it will be when it grows up. Kinda looks morel-ish at the top, but who knows. Glad everyone enjoyed the walk. Just wish it hadn't been threatening rain at the time, or that nap might have had me taking pictures of the woods at night...

    ReplyDelete