What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Frosty the Beagle

So this foggy Saturday morning Scrappy and I took the kids for a walk.  Jessica the eagle-eyed spotted what may have been a young beaver (or a light colored muskrat) in the swamp and a deer in the woods, while KC eyed what he thought was an owl but was actually our big red-tail hawk.  None of which I got shots of, because I didn't put my gloves on right away and my hands were too cold to pull it out of it's pouch in anything close to time.  So Sunday morning- a little colder, no fog, but plenty of frost...







And I put my gloves on, but nobody was out!  And they that were were some distance away...




They have some really big guests at the Holiday in, it would seem...
Hotel Of The Giants, the long awaited sequel, at a theater near you, Shady!

That look when that morning cold seeps down your butt crack...

South canal frozen over

The mighty St Joseph- equal parts water, ice, and mud.


Scrappy- no matter how hot or cold the weather, short or long the walk, ALWAYS wants to go to IPFW.

Didn't see the beaver again, most of the swamp was frozen over.  But  we heard a splash, and saw ripples from this one open spot.  The beaver?  Maybe...

Scrappy tests the ice...

...and tries to fall in here at the "Tina's Landing" bank.

16 comments:

  1. Chris:
    Yehs, winter brings with it it's OWN mess of "stuff" to impede those who would venture out...
    Good for YOU guys, though.
    LOL - Hotel of the Giants...HA!

    Sure looks a LOT different from when we were taking that nature walk.
    (and we thought it was brisk THEN)

    Great pictures (happy to see that the camera didn't get a case of the shivers).

    Stay safe (and warm) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chris!

    I love to take walks in the woods with you and Scrappy! The wild areas in your vicinity remind me of the ones around York County where I hiked for years with my dad including (drum roll please) Richard Nixon Park. Yep, it's a thing:

    http://yorkcountypa.gov/parks-recreation/the-parks/richard-nixon-park.html

    How thrilling it must have been for you to encounter (drum roll please) Hotel of the Giants! I enlarged the picture and desperately searched for Joy Harmon, the 30-foot girl whose halter top won the award for Best Supporting Role. :)

    Is it really that cold up there or are you putting me on? I'm sitting here in Florida wearing shorts and a t-shirt with the A/C running full blast desperately trying to keep cool.

    Please pity me, Chris. Please pity me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was around 29 degrees when we started the walk. And I'm guessing Joy was busy in the conference room, ifyaknowwhatImean...

      I wish we had a Nixon Park. We have a Reagan expressway and a MLK bridge, though...

      Stay tuned tomorrow for more walkitude! (Wow, I didn't get a red squiggly on "walkitude"?)

      Delete
  3. Brrrr..glad it was your butt crack and not mine! It just looks so cold and the frost almost looks like snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I desperately wanna say something about butt cracks here but I'll be good...

      Delete
  4. I used to have that problem with the morning cold in my butt crack but then I realized my adult onesie just wasn't buttoned properly in the butt flap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think perhaps you should put something on over the onesie...

      Delete
  5. Such wonderful photos, here it is another bloody hot day but it was nice when I went for my morning walk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brrrrr! We had the same thing this morning. I had to double dose the coffee to get rolling. Sorry I've been absent but I think I've finally gotten to a place that allows me to see normal on the horizon.

    And my butt crack temp is private, thank you very much. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn, there goes that "Followers' butt-crack temperature" post I was working on.

      Delete
  7. Your pictures always make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That morning cold gave you Rudolph's nose. Hope you went inside to sit by a warm fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, the rudolph nose has more to do with the "dried out nose because we need a humidifier in our bedroom" than the cold... or the "Are you ever gonna lay off the Pepsi" thing... or...

      Delete