I had forgotten that Al Penwasser got hit up for one of those "A little more about me" lists the other day, and I thought it would be amusing to play along... though I'd venture to say my answers won't be near as funny. For one, I refuse to eat gorilla. Anyway, let's try this out:
1. Are you named after someone? Dad used to claim my name was a result of Mom wanting me to have the same initials as our Doctor, CW Dahling. Of course, he hated Robert Mitchum for years because he thought it was the guy on Father Knows Best.
2. When is the last time you cried? Prolly the first time Peanut got his diaper changed in front of me, and started crying because he was cold.
3. Do you like your handwriting? Sure. It's you all that have a problem with it.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat? This is where Al started the whole "Gorilla" thing. Sorry, mundane Ham 'n'cheese loaf for me.
5. Do you have kids? Why, you missing one?
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Now, probably. I ain't got enough to be fussy.
7. Do you use sarcasm? Have we met?
8. Do you still have your tonsils? In a jar on my bedstand. Cause you never know.
9. Would you bungee jump? See #7.
10. What is your favorite kind of cereal? I've been eating Life of late, but grew up on Cheerios.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? No. (Don't even have to change that one!)
12. Do you think you're mentally strong? Sure, I do brain-ups at work.
13. What is your favorite ice cream? Chocolate. Just so you know, I might be using this answer a lot.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people? With my inability at eye contact, prolly the third or fourth button down on their shirt.
15. Red or pink? If you're asking me to make a color choice, I'll say none of the above.
16. What is the least favorite physical thing you like about yourself? That my body has taught me to love the foods that it is now telling me I have to give up or drop dead.
17. What color pants and shoes are you wearing right now? Black sweats, imaginary shoes. Or is that black shoes and imaginary sweats?
18. What was the last thing you ate? Salmon patties and Bush's Homestyle beans. One cold from the can, the other lukewarm from the pan.
19. What are you listening to right now? Sean McDonough, the human sleeping pill, on Monday Night Football.
20. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Copper. No one uses copper.
21. Favorite smell? Bread in the oven.
22. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? The lady from Longe Optical reminding me it was time for an eye check.
23. Favorite sport to watch? Chris' guide to sports: Football is for TV, Baseball is for radio, hockey best in person.
24. Hair color?
I'd say, "Partly clearing"...
25. Eye color? Brown, to no one's great surprise.
26. Do you wear contacts? I used to have to help my ex with her contacts. I swore never again. Frames are fine.
27. Favorite food to eat? Burger. Plain, with cheese.
28. Scary movies or comedy? The state of movies today, that's pretty much the same thing, no?
29. Last movie you watched? I'm guessing Thor:The Dark World. Unless you count Columbo episodes on Netflix.
30. What color shirt are you wearing? IDK, I have a sweatshirt on over it. If you wanna know so bad, YOU lift it up.
31. Summer or Winter? In the interests of not creating a new thesaurus for "words to denigrate winter with", I'll just say summer.
32. Hugs or kisses? Depends on the hugger/kisser. And don't get funny...
33. What book are you currently reading? Reading? Good grief, can't you see I'm writing this dumb post?
34. Who do you miss right now? Laurie's home tonight, so I'm good.
35. What is on your mouse pad? Raindrops on Turtle Wax.
36. What is the last TV program you watched? Depends. Do I have to have been paying attention?
37. What is the best sound?
"Ha ha, Grandpa, I tooted on you!"
38. Rolling Stones or The Beatles? Tune into my Time Machine Anniversary post from Friday...
39. What is the furthest you have ever traveled? Homer Street in Baltimore. Pretty much slept through it, too.
40. Do you have a special talent? Combining Hostess Ho-Hos with Cheez-Whiz.
41. Where were you born? Right between Mom's legs, I'd surmise...
42. People you expect to participate? Participate? Hell, I'll be glad if they comment!