What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, August 7, 2017

Vacation prelims and day one

Friday afternoon kicked off the Mighty Martin Vacation 2017.  But pictures start the night before...

So they've tilled up a couple of grassy trail sections around the west soccer fields- no idea why, but after Scrappy and I walked across this section Wednesday, they taped it off.  Oh my, I damaged tiny dirt clods...

It was a hot one Thursday evening, and Boofus and I took a good spell resting.  Soon later, we saw a runner doubled over looking like upchucking might be in his future.



Then, a way off, caught sight of this feller...


Friday, Isaiah came for a visit




Screw the camera, I want the lanyard!
"I don't see what all the fuss is...grmbl grmbl mttr mttr moan."
Saturday Scrappy had a big day, starting at Metea Park....








Despite the presence of a rather large company picnic at the Nature Center area, it was a nice peaceful jaunt...







...complete with more monarchs than I've seen in about the last four years put together!


We finished the trip off with a stop at Culvers, where Scrappy had a huge cup of ice cream, several french fries, and various other bites.  On the way home I saw what would be the second weirdest thing I'd see all day...



...why someone would want a huge flamingo dangling from their rear-view, IDK.  Maybe he missed the trashy front yard he grew up in...


After a well-deserved nap, Laurie and I adjourned to Mitchell's for drinks and pool.


First game might have been the best game I ever played.  I think Laurie said she took 3 shots total.

Second was close to a mirror image.  I took more than three shots, none of them good, though.

Game three was a well-played, down to the wire affair that Laurie took to go up 2-1.

Laurie put in the 8 by accident to tie things up.  Game five was another of my more typical games, so Laurie won 3 games to 2.

This is me dropping the camera as I took a shot.  And why would I drop it (Outside of the 3 long islands and two duck farts)?

Well, it might be that this woman was wearing a dress whose front was completely covered in orange peels...

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Okay, so we officially refer to this week as the "MMV-2017"...got it.
    (sounds like a car I'd wanna buy)
    ---damaged clods - that'll cost someone some $$$.
    ---yeah, run for fun doesn't have the appeal to me that it should have. I like to keep my meals where they belong (after I've eaten them).
    ---Dear me...more deer.
    ---That's the way to do it...have the little one in a SUPERHERO shirt early on!
    ---Scrappy got his day out...good for him.
    ---Okay, first you grab the squirrels and the rabbits, now you snatch the MONARCHS?
    And we planted the milkweed! LOL.
    ---I'll bet that flamingo is a HUGE air-freshener (to make the pot smell go away) LMAO!
    ---Remember...pool is like life...it's ALL about WHERE you place your balls!
    (okay, that didn't come out quite right)
    BTW, well done, Laurie.
    ---Oooookkaaaayyyy,,,orange peels, huh?
    Quite the "illustrated woman".
    Maybe she was in search of some sangria to go with that dress?
    Anyway, a good time had by those in attendance, right?

    Stay safe (and save the 8-ball for last) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A friend of mine sent me a picture of a flamingo in her flower bed with the caption, "Thanks, Chris." Can't please everyone...

      Delete
  2. When I think pool I think of my brother who plays and has a table in his shed/man cave, me I would suck at it. Tim used to play when I first met him. All in all it looks like a good time was had

    ReplyDelete