What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, September 4, 2017

A post about nothing

So we are at the end of yet another holiday weekend, and as per usual I did little to nothing with it.  Laurie's job at WalMart required her presence Sunday and Monday (AKA as I type), Scrappy has been struggling a bit more than usual on walks, and frankly my energy level hasn't been just zippy lately.  I think it was last Sunday morning we took our typical "short" trip (up the walk, down the road, down the canal trail, in the back entrance, a little bit give or take of a mile and a quarter) and I sat down in the grass of the soccer field.  Scrappy wanted to make an adventure of things, but I could barley move.  While I took a breather, Scrappy reconsidered his position (in other words, he actually sat down with no great intention to get up).  So we said the heck with it and went home.  Sunday was much the same in reverse- I considered bringing him home and going on farther- and a hundred yards later I said, "Y'know, he had the right idea."  So today we just went to the bark park for an hour.  Short on exercise, but both happy at least.

In between, we actually got Laurie to go on one of our longer walks Saturday, and everyone held up well.  It comes and goes, I guess.


Yesterday we looked into one of WANE.coms "advertisements that walk like a news story" and checked out the new Bandido's location.  So here in brief is my first "restaurant review" of the Bandidos in Glenbrook Commons:

Ambiance:  This location was carved out of the old Babies'R'Us building.  Minimalist, but roomy and lots of seating, if no booths.  If you like it fancy, you'll think "what a dump" but it's actually pretty nice.

Wait staff:  It wasn't busy -though it started doing a little better after we arrived- so we were treated like royalty.

Food:  Excellent.  Win #1 was it was a Pepsi place.  Win #2, I was told I had an option on my sides of just getting a double bean instead of rice.  Big win for Chris.

Taquito appetizer, the taquitos were twice the size you get most places, and crispy.  The portions were big but not, "OMG you expect me to eat all that TODAY" big.  My Pollo Bandido was excellent, wrapped in a flaky shell that left no doubt it was fresh.  Laurie, the Fajita Queen, had a fajita.  She liked it, didn't waste a ton of it, and it sounded real good.

One little problem.   The music playing was oldies.  That wasn't the problem- halfway through the visit, another area of the restaurant started playing something else at the same time.  Both at the same non-intrusive volume though, so not a deal.


Saturday was a big football day.  Many funny and sometimes heartwarming stories (like a Division III school that one 98-0 and Oklahoma's pummelling of hapless UTEP), but as this isn't the sports pages, I'll avoid the "not a sports fan" comments and move on.

Except to say that I was checking my international hockey site to see if the teams that Laurie, KC, and I followed last year were back again this year.

I lost two.  Including the Slovak team called Martin, so that really sucks.  And China Dragon folded, so that means I'll have to get my "boy, those guys really suck" yoks exclusively from Sportul Studentesc Bucuresti this year. (They were 0-30 and got outscored 44-505.)


So as the day fades into night I'm really hoping to send the weekend out with a bang- either from the approaching thunderstorm or the Tennessee game tonight.  But right now, time for dinner!

3 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---The "getting older" thing can often cause one to (as I like to say) "get in a funk"...
    Don't let it get 'ya down. I go through the same stuff and I never know what day it'll come by to visit.
    I just treat it like a blustery gale - push through it. It passes. Always remember God knows your state of mind, body and spirit, so you're never alone with it.
    ---As to Bandidos...didn't know they moved into the Commons. Wifey and I have been to the one at Georgetown Square as well as the one down here off of Winchester Rd.
    Both locations didn't disappoint me, even though Mexican is not always my #1 choice...very tasty menu.
    ---Sports? I'm waiting for CURLING season...LOL.
    Actually, I want to see the Flyers make a serious run for the Stanley Cup.
    (BTW, do superhero flicks count as mixed martial arts events?)
    A good post...and it's never about "nothing" as long as you care enough to mention it.

    Stay safe (and no pucking around) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I can't echo your thoughts on the Flyers. Go Isles!

      Delete
  2. An interesting post, I found myself caught up with the flow of the post

    ReplyDelete