What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, October 9, 2017

My comfort

So I have seen on this day in social media:

A woman who accuses everyone but herself of racism lionized as a hero because she was told by her employer to temper her feed, and did not, and got suspended two weeks, and that is a terrible thing.

Someone who who starts his argument by saying the destruction of an unborn child is not murder, because it is not a child, and ends it by saying that God aborts more children by stillbirths.

Football players who exploit time on TV to stage a protest, and accuse the Vice President of a photo-op when he walks out on THEIR protest.

I have seen people think it is honorable to put up a billboard depicting our President as a Nazi, regardless of the fact that they have apparently forgot what evil TRULY is.

But in all that utter stupidity, I have a comfort.


Isa 51:6  Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look on the earth beneath; for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall become old like a garment; and its inhabitants shall die in the same way. But My salvation shall be forever, and My righteousness shall not be broken. 
Isa 51:7  Listen to me, you who know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My Law; do not fear the reproach of men, nor be afraid of their revilings. 
Isa 51:8  For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool; but My righteousness shall be forever, and My salvation from generation to generation. 



I think about Jesus' parable about the Wheat and the Tares.  I suppose one should expect there to be an increasing amount of tares as the harvest draws near.


But I am not going to give any of these people the respect of a reply.  Because Adrian Rogers brought up the point in a sermon broadcast last week, "The fool says in his HEART, there is no God."  And because it is the heart, it cannot be turned by logic or argument as it could if it were an intellectual misread.  People that support reverse racism, people who want to paint anyone who doesn't bow to their idiocy a Nazi, people that cannot tell a living being from unliving tissue (perhaps they should get a brain biopsy), people that... well, you get the point.  You can't argue with people like this because it is a disease of the heart, not something you can talk or argue out.

You either have His Law in your heart, or you don't.

6 comments:

  1. Chris:
    A very sobering and true account of the state of affairs.
    And, a very inspiring passage from The Good Book.
    The matters of the HEART really knocked this out of the park (for me), because the heart is not a logical organ, but an emotional one.
    Ergo, any attempt at logical discussion or debate falls on deaf ears and blind eyes.
    (knew there was a reason I liked moths...for the most part...heh).

    Very good post.

    Stay safe (and in God's hands) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people are really starting to make me cringe. Done a lot of "Hide this post" and "block this person" lately.

      Delete
  2. There are thousands upon thousands (indeed millions and billions) of people who shape their opinions based on what they perceive as their truth and who are selective in what information they will even take the time to absorb and then it has to be something that supports their own position. I have my opinions and often they differ from many others with whom I have become acquainted. And while I may stubbornly hold onto my opinion, I at least try (not always sucessfuly) to learn from others who have a different perspective than I have. I am in a constant quest to be a better person with each passing day; and in order to do so, I need to be receptive to differing viewpoints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And most of the stuff I mentioned is not virgin territory for us, lol. The baby-killer pushed me over the edge. He went out of his way to be insulting to the rest of the thread- even using the Tetragrammaton instead of just "God". For my part, I just shook my head and moved on.

      Delete
  3. The world is full of idiots but I am sure you know that, I hope I am not one of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never my love... (Sorry, little musical tonight)

      Delete