What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, November 27, 2017

Gathering past pictures...



Hello everybody, Scrappy here.  Say, Daddy has been a little lax at putting up any pictures, so I'm gonna sneak into the wayback while he's not looking and bring up all the beautiful snaps he took of me... oh, and some other things.


This was one day early in the month.  The soccer fields are closed for the season, so a mushroom invasion took hold.  Next day, they were all mowed down.



These kinda give you the feel of Fall colors hereabouts- 99% yukk-yellow, a handful of orange once in a great while to break it up.  Just not a real good palette this year.


The last ducks we saw this year- and it was a cold, miserable day to see them.

Next day was a little better, so we climbed the big pile of stones that AEP left after putting in the new trail.

Daddy got his usual case of height-fright up at the top, I just got bored.

Wasn't in the mood for a selfie at the top of the pile, sorry.


About ten days ago, it turned nice again, and I led Daddy to something that smelled good (to me) in the woods.  He had to climb across this log to follow me, lol!

And this is what I found- a tarp that Daddy thinks may have once wrapped a family pet, now consumed.

The woods was full of water.  Daddy was not all that happy.



Then this Saturday we started out with a walk, and we saw this young lady and a few friends.


Cold night- the south canal had some ice on it!

Then that darn baby that hogs all my attention came over.  But we had a lot of food!


"Yeah, well dish it up!"

"And I'm putting my feet up, Mom!"

"Mmmm... Pepsi!"

"Hey!  How do ya get this open?"

"C'mon, Gampaw, you'll open it, right?"

"Fine.  I'm gonna kick someone's butt... howsabout YOU, Dad?"


Okay, Dad's here and he wants to talk for a while.  Daddy?

Thanks, Boofus, nice job!  I did want to interject that the one bad thing about Thanksgiving was that at the last minute, the grandpa of Peanut's Big brother decided he wanted him for the day.  BB's dad is a frequent resident of the county jail of whatever county he may be in at the time, and his dad is an enabler IMHO.  Aaron was disappointed, to put it one way- even tried to cut a deal where he made a brief appearance and then joined us.  Because he and I had already planned the Great Chocolate Eclair Raid II for the day, so I made sure he got some when he got home.


And I have just a couple pictures from today, to round out the tale.  The first one below is kind of a funny story.  When we go off in the woods, I HATE coming across runners/joggers.  Scaring everything away, never stopping to see the beauty in what they run past.  And I will confess that there are times that I wish them an early blow-out or something near to- I always take it back right after, that the Broccoli Gods don't actually answer me once.  But I fear I might have been too late one day.  When we got to the Duck Pond, I noticed a blue object just in the water- it was a blue Igloo mug, in nice shape, but for the snap on top had gone awol.  This, I guessed, is why it got discarded, and I went to set it aside.  But when I did, I set it by something else very curious... (Check out the picture now...)




Nearby, not ten feet from where I found the  mug, was a blown out spiked shoe.  As in the rest of the shoe ripped almost completely away from the plastic spikes.  I deduced that the shoe came apart in mid run, the runner fell, and the mug went lid first into the mud, and the lid remained once it was fished out.  Can't prove it, didn't mean it, but if that's the way it happened, maybe one jogger will take a little more time when running in nature.  Or at least question Nike quality next time he buys running shoes. 

And we saw a deer in the woods behind the Swamp.  Nice focusing, Camera!




6 comments:

  1. It looks like fall is there. It's here too, but it doesn't quite seem the same as the cooling season where you are. I could almost hear the sound of crunching leaves underfoot as I looked at your photos.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely got the crunch going on, because we've went from "fall" to "fell", lol!

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    ---Tell Scrappy he did a GOOD job with giving us some narrations.
    (extra treats time)
    ---That foliage didn't amount to much at all. Not nearly as many reds and deep oranges we had in the past...but yes, plenty of yellows, and then BROWN. And then...raking!
    ---I can practically smell that turkey, too. Gotta be leftovers there!
    ---Looks like Peanut had a nice time. Pepsi - never too young to imbibe!
    ---Regarding the county jail frequent "flyer" - there seems to always be one in a lot of crowds these days.
    ---As long as runners speak out "on yer left" when they come up behind me...not a problem.
    If it happens to be Chris Evans...even better.
    (as long as I can get an autograph and picture...LOL)
    ---Glad you manage to get out and get some nature under your belt (or collar if you have four legs).

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eat turkey Friday through Monday, weird Dreams Sunday to last night. Including being Ben Grimm, with Nancy Dussault playing Alicia Masters, dining with the Property Brothers...

      Delete
  3. I liked all these pictures, pictures are nice

    ReplyDelete