What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, April 30, 2018

This world, and a better one

So far today...


Read about the little boy in England who socialized medicine left die.  Second one that made the international news.  How many we don't know about?

Read about a beautiful girl who shared her prom dress on twitter- and got attacked because it had an oriental design and she wasn't oriental.

Just went off on one of Laurie's relatives who keeps filling her FB feed with how blacks do no wrong and every breath I take is racist because I'm white.  Girl, you are white too.  Sharing posts you barely understand doesn't make you rate.  Like I said when I commented, when you want to switch to posts about the races working together to end discrimination instead of blaming each other, let me know.

Komet star Shawn Szydlowski ‏had his mom and his little niece in attendance at the game in Toledo last night.  A Toledo couple got a poster with a monkey on it- with Shawn's mom's face pasted over the monkey's- and waved it in front of the child.  That's low for Philly, let alone Toledo.

About ten million posts about that excuse for a comic at the Washington Press roast this weekend.  I've had many on the left tell me they have a sense of humor.  No, humor is when you are funny.  Maybe if she'd had brought a severed head to the dinner...

Oh, and the nearly obligatory post on a comment thread about some guy who still can't tell the difference between a party that wants everyone to have equal rights of speech and worship and a party that wants to gas the opposition to death.


That's the news for today.  Pretty bad, isn't it?  Hate disguised as tolerance, Hate disguised as sportsmanship, hate disguised as politics, hate disguised as comedy.  Hate, hate, hate.  Is there any good news? 

Sure there is!  Look here:

Dying children go to a better place:   Matthew 18:2 He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. 3 And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

There's only one clothing style that will matter:  Revelation 7:13 Then one of the elders addressed me, saying, “Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?” 14 I said to him, “Sir, you know.” And he said to me, “These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Skin won't matter in the end:  John 4:19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

Haters can only do so much damage:  Matthew 5:11 “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.


Mockers only bring shame on themselves:  Matthew 11:16 “But to what shall I compare this generation? It is like children sitting in the marketplaces and calling to their playmates,

17 “‘We played the flute for you, and you did not dance;
    we sang a dirge, and you did not mourn.’

18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, ‘He has a demon.’ 19 The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, ‘Look at him! A glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!’ Yet wisdom is justified by her deeds.”


There is only one truth; and it will be proved.  John 18:33 Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

34 “Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”

35 “Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”

36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

37 “You are a king, then!” said Pilate.

Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me.”

38 “What is truth?” retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, “I find no basis for a charge against him.


Thank you for putting up with me on this one; it was more for me than for you.  Sometimes you get a little hung up in the show with so many puppets dancing around you.  Love to all.

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Your sentiments on the world today mirror mine, and I do admire your reasons in POSTING about them.
    Sure...there IS good news!

    In other words...you knocked it OUTTA THE PARK.
    (but I think you had some heavenly assistance...that's cool, too).

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A LOT of heavenly assistance.. that I take way too much for granted.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I suppose that means you expect me to clean it up...

      Delete