What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial weekend '18... s'okay...

Well, Memorial weekend rolls to an end, and most of the best stuff I just lived for a change, no pictures.  I did get something fairly unusual Thursday.  Problem being, the woods was deep and dark where I saw it and the shots didn't come out extremely well.


It all started with a neat pose by two bunnies and His Eminence...




But onto what I was talking about.  From a distance, it was "the skunk that walked like a squirrel..."



But eventually, you knew it was a squirrel... or TWO...






And as you can tell in these last two shots, it was two squirrels- one was jet black, the other normal body but an almost white tail...





Moving on...






And the Bunny Summer II rolls on..




Friday was music night at home;  Saturday KC cooked out, and Peanut and Granpa shared a walk and lots of hugs. Oh, and Boofus and I met a stranger on the Greenway path...







Along with our second Monarch of the year...





Sunday I got to watch my and Laurie's Indy drivers wipe out, while Scrappy's guy limped home 18th.  Much better fun at the Charlotte race.  I win another Pepsi (bet at work Truex vs Keselowski), see Harvick crash out early.  When Keselowski got stuck going down pit row without being able to hit his stall, I looked at Laurie and said, "This race has been just magical..."  Not magical enough for me to win money on DraftKings, but good enough.

Today it was "get a quick walk in the early morning and cower inside from the heat" all day. 

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    Enjoyed the pictures - the dark ones in the woods are worth of a frame (imho).
    ---And where on God's green earth did you find such a wonderfully ugly turtle?
    (yeah, I know...beauty IS in the eye of the beholder, but WOW...that's sinfully ugly...LOL).
    ---Lotsa bunnies (now I know where they migrated to from down here...heh).
    ---Another monarch...and NO milkweed around?
    Wait until they get a load of our rapidly growing plants.
    (they'll probably STILL stay away from down here...par for the course these days, except for the mooks).
    Very nice weekend you all had.
    Thanks for sharing.

    Stay safe (and stay COOL) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Milkweeds are just popping up. Dad used to have an old dryer barrel (industrial size) and they'd go hunting along the ditchbanks for a load of those saurian beauties. Then I'd get to get 'em to bite on a long hooked bar and pull their heads out while dad cut their throats. Never liked the eating, though- I don't think dad did a thorough enough cleansing to get all the mud taste out of the meat. This was as good of size as I've seen around here, but nothing close to as big as I've seen.

      Delete