What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, July 9, 2018

Doggie-less walks



The long walks this pair enjoyed are pretty much a thing of the past.  I try to get Scrappy out for a good jaunt once a week, but anymore, the quarter-mile and change to the office and back suits his body fine.  His heart, however, thinks he can still wander the wide world, and his nose tries to talk him into it as well.  But his "rear differential" is showing its age, and the walks that we used to knock off with no problem leave him badly weakened from chest on back a few hours later.  So when it isn't abominably hot (read nine days out of eleven this summer, I try to give him as much of a mixed-area stroll as I can while staying close to home.  The longer walks- which I have to say aren't just a bowl of cherries for me anymore- I have to do myself.




Saturday there wasn't a lot of life in the woods, either.  An occasiona squirrel...

You want to see how bad the world is divided?  One side of the woods bridge, nice clear water...




The other side, flat green scum.  Geez! 






I stopped for a break, leaning on this tree.  I was soon joined by a butterfly that looked just like the bark, a weary damselfly, and a little green worm whose line landed him, BRIEFLY, on my leg.





And at the entrance of the Plex, wedding photos!








And finally, baby bunny- just a little bigger than the one I just about stepped on in front of our door last week...





Oh, and Scrappy's old buddy...






Then, on Sunday...




...the ducks were desperate for a little water- they're used to not touching bottom here.






And, on a day that was roasting a pair of "runners" (who stopped at every patch of shade) in front of me, the older bunnies playing hide and seek again...






It was okay... I got a lot of praying in, and some much needed exercise.  But it sure isn't as much fun...


2013...

2014...

2015...

2016...

2017...

6 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---I hear 'ya (and with 'ya when it comes to Scrappy)...not near as much fun when you don't have a buddy to walk, stroll, or hike with. You have to search harder for "benefits" of such a walk, but they are there..
    I can't even come CLOSE to the 10 mile hikes I USED to take with Hank back in Philly.
    (I had a good day when we took that MNW a while back).
    ---Very good pictures of those bunnies.
    ---And "mom" had the kids out for a bit of a "waddle n paddle", hmm?
    ---Being with nature and God makes prayers that much more effective...fewer distractions.

    You stay strong and keep cool up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad when dogs (and humans) get older and can't do the things they love so much! :( Walking with a dog is always more fun. I've been forcing myself to do it when there are no dogs in residence and it just feels strange. At least you have a nice spot to enjoy nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All in which direction you aim the camera, m'dear...

      Delete
  3. At times aging can suck, our minds are still young and active but our bodies are falling apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And it's worse for him, since he won't show the pain...

      Delete