What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, September 17, 2018

Pleasant valley Monday

So, as much as I'd like to go on about how stupid a certain political party thinks I am to believe a BS story they pulled out of their butts and how much that party will never ever ever never get a vote from me again even if the other parties were running Sadaam Hussein, Idi Amin, and Slobodon Milosevic (come to think of it, that might be their slate), I'll just walk away and show you some pictures.  Last Tuesday it was cool enough to actually take Scrappy a nice walk, and here are some of the results:


Scooter the bird...

And off we go!

...and into the wild...


There is still some floral color...

I actually got a pose without begging...



And here we have the legendary Condiment Packet Tree...

"Yeah... now I remember why we don't go down this way that often..."

These flowers we full of butterflies just going nuts...



First surprise:  Somebody has been watering and feeding somebody up here... second surprise, Mr Water Obsessed walked right past it.



Then I thought I might add for the FB deprived my annoncement of GREAT news...





"Golden Monkey- real beer for real Americans- Back at Kroger!"


Not long afterwards, my lovely niece sent congratulations, along with pointing out, "You need a haircut."   My response...



"Yeah?  Which one?"


And Sunday, FB sent me a pic of my progeny going for a bike ride...




I asked, "He looks pissed.  You fall down much?"

10 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---With that title of the post, I KNOW you're channeling Gerry Goffin and Carole King...heh.
    ---Scooter is a real hoot! I love him!
    ---A pose WITHOUT begging? (I know the feeling)
    Good for you!
    ---"Condiment Packet Tree"...ROFL!
    (I've heard of mustard PLANTS, but...)
    ---That one butterfly looks like a "Sulphur" (for the obvious reason).
    ---Those critter dishes look like some decent ones. Wonder who is feeding what?
    ---I figured the GMs would return. They just hadda brew another batch, that's all. Congrats on that!
    ---We're both getting a might "thin": on top.
    (but the eyebrows get bushier by the week...go figure)
    ---God Lord, I hope he DIDN'T fall down at all.
    I never really have seen a peanut BOUNCE...and don't want to, either.

    Very good post.

    Stay safe (and "well-oiled" w/ a GM) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KC said he was happy for the bike ride, not so much with the sun, but wouldn't wear sunglasses.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for some great pictures. Nice to escape from all the crap that's being slung constantly.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After today, I might just have to look at it again myself...

      Delete
  3. How great that Scrappy got to go for a walk and you got to take such nice photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky to have seen the almost extinct condiment packets. Glad you were able to snap some pictures before it got away.

    How you felt about the beer, is how I felt about the limited release of Zima last year and this year. Remember those?

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember. Since you liked it, I'll refrain from further comment... ;)

      Delete