What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, September 10, 2018

Warning: Offensive






You may have noticed I don't bring up politics anymore- or at least not much.  Not because I don't have opinions- you've heard 'em.  Not because I've "lost some friends" over politics- though I have, and it's on them, not me. 

But it isn't worth it anymore.  It's not entertaining, it's not informative, and it is far, far from constructive.  Today, I see Congressional eyesore Kamala Harris is going on yet another rant about how Trump should be impeached.  Have you ever noticed that out of ALL the Presidents who have had people yelling for impeachment, the only one who even came that close to getting turned out was the only one that did something to deserve it?  I mean, other than having policies the other guys don't like (See Andrew Johnson, Barack Obama) or got caught doing stuff others got away with in office (see Bill Clinton, Jack Kennedy, Warren Harding).  And of course, if one semi-senile radical says it, then all the other ones go right along with it.  When was the last time we got one with an ounce of sense to tell the others to act adult?  It does happen, but you barely hear about it.


And it isn't one sided.  I would like a buck (slang for DOLLAR) for every time I hit "hide post" on a low class dig at John McCain at or near his death.  (You'll note that just one week ago, I had some fun with McCain, but only because the cameraman shoulda had him standing a little more in profile so he didn't LOOK like he was peeing.)  Getting a bit tired of Hillary-in-prison-orange too, BTW.  AND the former-FLOTUS-was-a-man crap.   And while I get that about 90% of the stupid stuff our current POTUS says is just to distract idiots from what he's actually accomplishing, It would sure be nice if he didn't give vultures like Bob Woodward and the world-famous "anonymous official" so much ammunition.

So let's take a teenage not-so-victim of a massacre and turn him into something he's not- either a living symbol for people who don't get that neither side really wants to get rid of guns because they are a valuable tool in divide-and-conquer, or a whelp of the Anti-Christ (so said by many who wouldn't know a false prophet from a car salesman).  Or let's start a mass movement involving insulting half the population to make a point you could have made better by setting up a charitable foundation to help bridge the hate and prejudice- but then, if you did that, your lack of skills at football would have left you to sink into obscurity.  Or how about nailing a real weasel like Harvey Weinstein, beginning a movement to root out all the similar weasels- and then trying to lie your way out after it is learned you were the very same kind of weasel-ette.


Or how about telling everyone who succeeded in a previous administration, "you didn't build that," but when the next administration starts succeeding, saying, "I did that."


A FB friend who has inspired me in many things- not of them yet illegal- posted this today, and it inspired this post of mine...


I’ve decided to wrestle back a perfectly acceptable word from the English language. A word which has been co-opted by the LGBTQ community. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you “queer,” meaning “strange” or “odd.”
Wish me luck!


I agree with him, here.  Not about "wrestling back", but about the whole stupid thing about, you can't use x-word.  So a man gets fired for using the word "niggardly" in a sentence correctly.  Or I have to have PSAs warning me not to use the word "gay" as an insult.  I'll make you a deal- I'll cease using gay as "that (insert TV show/sport rule/shoe style) is so gay when YOU stop using it for "homosexual".  Until then, I just don't care.  I still remember Howard Cosell getting in hot water one Monday Night.  He was admiring the squirting-away ability of diminutive wide receiver Charlie Brown of the Redskins, and said with an inflection of pure amusement, "The little monkey".  99% of people knew there wasn't a bad intent anywhere in the comment- but after the next commercial, he had to apologize because some moron with nothing better to do complained it was a "racial slur".


Did you see what I did there?  "squirting-away", "Redskins", "moron".  I used those terms basically to demonstrate how many ways the Jackbooted Language Thugs (Oooh, there's another one) make life miserable by sitting in mama's basement (AND another) and picking apart every word that anyone says.  Like my friend, I am sick of it.  It is a queer thing to have to fight over language and I intend to gayly ignore it all.


So, did I offend anyone?


#MeToo.

9 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Got to go with "da prez" on that one!
    ---You're absolutely RIGHT...not ANY of those, so it's not worth the time of day (imho, too).
    ---I know that the president seems to want to "have" to get the last word...you know, sometimes, DISCRETION really IS the BETTER part of valor.
    He should just let the hoggs (sic) oink away.
    ---Much of what is going on with all this radicalism is due to society's desensitization of the very matters that used to bother the hell out of us ALL.
    ---I love your new term - JLTs of America (and the world).
    Sure glad they're not the JLA...heh.
    ---As far as "slurs" go (racial, gender or otherwise)...any word uttered can be misconstrued INTO one, so just go with the (proper) English you learned in school...let the chips fall where they may.
    Time to call a spade a spade (as it were), and not (just) David or a digging implement...
    The idiots will out themselves soon enough...they always do.
    ---I'm sure you PO'ed all the "right" people on that other side of the aisle...and deservedly so.
    Kudos on that.
    I kinda look at it this way:
    "When people ask for something THAT bad (without reason, logic or context), they shouldn't piss a fit when they actually GET it."
    (you may quote me there).
    And we know who's doing the asking and who's receiving the getting...right?
    Very good post.

    Stay safe (and politically INCORRECT) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I liked JLTs too... just kinda sprang forth...

      Delete
  2. Never change! Well...except your socks. And your underwear. Yeah, you can change those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve decided to wrestle back a perfectly acceptable word from the English language.

    Who is it? I'd like to help him out if I'm able.

    My brother, Shotgun Bob, took Latin in college. He was good at it (I guess) and was asked to major in Latin. He declined. One day during Latin class the professor was teaching the names of various colors (wait for it), and as it turns out the Latin name for black is nigreos or (adjective) niger.

    Soooooooooooooo one dumb porch monkey went ape-shit and objected.

    "Well," said the professor, "I don't know what to tell you. It's been this way for several thousand years."

    A complaint was filed, and there was much ado about Latin, and that was the end of it. But this is it, this is what the rest of the intelligent world faces, and it's just a load of stable dressing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To answer your question, look directly above. That professor shoulda showed him a map of sub-Saharan Africa...

      Delete
  4. Where was the offensive part, I must have missed it because I wasn't offended by the post in any way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you couldn't see it, but I was sticking my tongue out at you as you read it...

      Delete
  5. I kinda remember the Cosell thing. I think people have been become so PC these days. It's difficult for anyone to say anything without hurting someone's feelings.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete