What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Scrappy's Thanksgiving



Yeah, it's me, and Daddy thought it would be nice of me to do a "things I'm thankful for" post.  This has been a rough year to be me.  I'm stuck on this water thing, I'm losing eyesight and hearing (the other day I stood in front of an open door waiting for Daddy to open it...), I slip and slide all over this new wood flooring, and trip over my own feet everywhere else.  Daddy has been so upset he couldn't give me my "best summer ever", but we done okay considering how bad we're both falling apart (ask Daddy about falling out of bed Tuesday morning...)  So we're gonna look back at some of my moments this year...


Here I am teaching Peanut how to beg for food...

It was nice enough to get some late december walks in...

Mommy and me on Christmas eve...

And here I am selecting the latest Beauty Contest winner!
This was some ice-cold water in January
Here I am, stuck again!  I'm thankful for a patient Daddy!

Early spring trip to the Green Hole

I still cut a handsome figure, if I say so...
Here's where Daddy was playing with some setting on his camera and caught me with my tongue out.  BTW, it was April Fools Day.

We saw a lot of deer this year!

Before I got so sick with this water thing, Daddy was letting me go off my leash for a few walks.  Not a good idea now, Daddy says.  He'd need a crane to get me out of the creek!


In May, the muskrats and groundhogs came out...

Oh, boy!  We saw deer at the pond!
On Happy Boofus Day, I got to go to Shoaff Park...

...and to Culvers!


I was really thankful for that!
By summer, it was really hot.  I was really thirsty all the time, and Daddy was so sad this day.  He was wondering how many more walks I had left.  But I'm still here!
Daddy said this was another Bunny Summer.  Groundhogs too, but I wasn't as interested, since I couldn't smell 'em so good.



Then we got that darn wood floor.  More like wood ice.
This was the morning daddy thought it was funny that I had dew on my nose...

And that night, we shot a video of a deer and her babies.  We saw one of them poop!
This is about the last toy I got.  I don't play much anymore, so I don't use 'em.
I don't go to the doggie park much anymore.  I'm getting too grumpy about doggies messing with my ears anymore.

This was from that night that these two deer kept following us around...
Daddy laughs, but I get so mad when my water holes are dry...

Wow, lookit 'em go!


It was such a beautiful fall...


So, yeah, I have my problems, but I have a lot to be thankful for... hey, food's here!  See ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Scrappy:
    ---You're such a good boy, and I know what it's like to get older...BELIEVE me.
    ---You did a wonderful job of looking back over the last year, too.
    (Daddy fell outta bed? That must have startled everyone)
    ---We all have problems as time passes, but as long as we have good times to look back upon, those aches and pains don't seem AS bad...do they, buddy?
    ---Remember that a JOY shared is twice a joy, while a SORROW shared is half a sorrow.
    ---Have yourself a good Thanksgiving (I know it's Saturday, but early never hurts, does it?)

    Stay safe and look after mommy and daddy up there, Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete