What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving slices

So I don't have a bunch of food pics to celebrate our Thanksgiving feast Saturday, but I do have something of what we're thankful for...





This was my grand project over the weekend.  If you remember, I took all the pictures I had at work down, for reasons discussed here.  And wanting something great to do with them, this is what I came up with.  It wasn't as easy as I surmised, and Laurie's imput kept me from turning green and bursting out of my clothes with a roar.


Then, on to the fun...






This believe it or not, is one cranky Peanut- and how Mommy got him entertained by letting him watch videos of HIMSELF playing in the bathtub.  Vanity, thy name is Martin!






And this is a Mommy-baby wrestling session.  I regret that I was never fast enough to get him bonking her on the head with his duplos, as I was groggy from Trukey and about to be groggier with beer.





And speaking of groggy, this was the scene soon after 5 minutes of intensive crying for no real reason.

KC and I had had to run back to their house to get his fooler, and here I have to pick a bone with our fellow holiday travellers.  Halfway there, at the busiest intersection on the way, despite our loud music, I heard an ambulance coming perpendicular to us.  Everyone slowed and stopped at the intersection all way- except one gigantic asshole who came through from our direction when the ambulance, running hot, was LESS THAN A CARLENGTH from the intersection!  Not long thereafter, at a far less busy intersection in which a second lane merged into ours, another thundering dunderhead zipped down the quickly evaporating lane at breakneck speed in order to cut us off and pass.

I swear, how many accidents from inconsideration do you have to see on the news?  How many road rage incidents?  HOW MANY HAVE TO DIE to get you home 5 minutes sooner?

Okay, rant over.

Hope you all had a great holiday, too!  I'll be thinking of you as I spend this vacation week doing absolutely nothing....

9 comments:

  1. I love what you did with the pictures.

    How funny that he was entertained by videos of himself. Perhaps we have future singing in the bathroom mirror on our hands? I have one in my house...still does it at the age of nineteen.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lord, your comment leads to this: You should see him dance from the very first notes of You Don't Know How It Feels...

      Delete
  2. I love kid/family pics on the wall, too, and it's so much fun as time goes by seeing the kid(s) change in the pics. You'll need a bigger wall one of these days :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud, I need that wall now! One of the helps Laurie provided was wall placement...

      Delete
  3. Chris:
    ---Darn, I was looking forward to some food pics, too!
    ---The wall collages look great...nice job (thank Laurie for me as well). The ladies DO have a good eye for that sort of thing.
    ---Vanity? Well, maybe we can look the other way. He IS not past the age of accountability, right?
    ---Intensive crying? He's not teething, is he?
    (a little whiskey on a finger in his mouth works wonders...trust me on this).
    ---Your rant is well taken...there ARE way too many people who have NO business being on ANY street...but there they still are.
    The courts keep turning out drivers with chronic arrests, too. That can't be good.
    And, it only takes ONE (idiot) to ruin lives, usually someone else's.
    Better to be safe (and cautious) than sorry.
    Remember, God is (still) OUR co-pilot.

    Very good post.

    Stay safe (doing as little as possible this week) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. -Food pics: Your nose nose is growing...
      - Her help was more on the technical side...
      -No, not teething, just decided to blow off his earlier in the day nap...

      Delete
  4. Love the photo project!! Looks great.
    Your little Peanut isn't so little anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos and great things/people to be thankful for

    ReplyDelete