What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Tuesday odds and ends

Here we sit tonight, playing the M10 suffle and parying for a world that seemed so well described when I just read Psalm 120:

Psa 120:1  A Song of Ascents. In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. 
Psa 120:2  Deliver me, O LORD, from lying lips, from a deceitful tongue. 
Psa 120:3  What shall be given to you, and what more shall be done to you, you deceitful tongue? 
Psa 120:4  A warrior's sharp arrows, with glowing coals of the broom tree! 
Psa 120:5  Woe to me, that I sojourn in Meshech, that I dwell among the tents of Kedar! 
Psa 120:6  Too long have I had my dwelling among those who hate peace. 
Psa 120:7  I am for peace, but when I speak, they are for war! 

I can release it all to Him as I am cooled by Blackberry Smoke singing You Got Lucky, or picked up by the Derevs doing Research Cognitivity.  But I threaten to turn this into a Tuesday message, so let me just finish with, "God is good, all the time..."


So anyway, I haven't done much Martin World News-wise lately, and frankly, there hasn't been much MWN-worthy news out there lately.  I did just find a list of the "states whose winter sucks the worst."  For my Australian friends, here is what a "sucky winter" means here:





Anyway, here are the top ten suckiest winter states:

10- Massachusetts

9- Montana

8- Idaho

7- Wisconsin

6- South Dakota

5- Maine

4- North Dakota

3- Alaska.  Yes, Alaska.  They'd prolly be higher, but you have to expect sucky winters that far north.

2- Michigan.  Say YES! to Michigan!

And of course, 1- Minnesota.  KC tells me the story of going to his first Vikings game and walking the "short 10 blocks" from the hotel to the stadium- in 20 below temps.  And you wonder why I am a Miami Dolphins fan?  Makes me wonder what all the attraction is for the large and unruly Somali community up there.

Oh, BTW- Indiana made #16, better off than New Hampshire, Ohio, Illinois, Wyoming, and Iowa, but not as well off as Pennsylvania (#23).


**************************************************

I haven't bitc- er, complained about work much lately.  It might not be much better, but it IS improving, with prayer and patience.  Except for we have a nagging problem of our "corporate scheduler" who can't seem to keep straight which jobs she released when.  I did want to let you know that the race is on- the replacement for the Haney WILL arrive first quarter 2019!  My prediction is, it better make it early in the quarter, because I've doubts that this machine will make it TO 2019.  My own machine gets the golden toe second quarter as well.

*************************************************

Ah, the new #1 is playing.  Sorry, wait till Friday.  Tempo, baby.


2 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---You chose some good passages in Psalms...ones we all certainly need in times such as these,.
    ---As to sucky winter weather...good to know I lived in states the did better than thiose top ten.
    Yay, Pannsy, but then again, we had a FEW winters there I'd rather forget, including that blizzard of 1978.
    ---Your scheduler problem seems simple to solve...GET THAT PERSON A CALENDAR!!!
    (or several)
    Hope the Haney hangs in there.

    Stay safe (and rooted in the Word) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to tough winters, not much can beat Wisconsin. I lived in Mad City for two years, and the winters are harsh.

    I remember one winter storm that rolled in from Chicago, and the boss kicked us all out of the office at 2:00 PM. I made it home by Divine intervention.

    Some of the well-to-do residents of the Big Windy maintain a summer home in Wisconsin, often around Green Bay. They listen to the weather report, then collect the old lady, the kids and the dog, and all pile into the family SUV with the intention of riding out the storm up at the cabin. They have four wheel drive, and it isn't snowing much yet, so they think that the four and a half hour drive will be easy. Fat chance.

    Several hundred of them got stranded on I-90 just outside Mad City, and that was that. The National Guard spent all night on snowmobiles delivering water and blankets, and the big news was that the universal feeling from the motorists was that the government didn't do enough for them.

    I drove home in that storm, and given any choice at all I wouldn't have gone anywhere in it, four wheel drive or not. I even know what I'm doing, having driven in all kinds of weather without an accident. But there they all were, with their four wheel drive Lincoln Navigator and a car load of unhappy family members.

    Serves 'em right.

    ReplyDelete