What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, July 8, 2019

Independence weekend pictures

So let's open up the vault and see what I have to share today...

Red drops in..




Here's me, walking down to watch fireworks.  Don't I look thrilled?

Hmmm... looks like Ft Wayne may have been nuked...




Coliseum Blvd in time lapse

Truth is, I went down and watched about half the show.  After several hundred mosquito 'visits' on a putridly muggy night, I got on a pity-party about how many fireworks I've watched alone- and this year, not even Scrappy with me.  And I left.  Fortunately I got the pity-party done before I arrived home to inflict it on social media.


Saturday, I celebrated (a day early due to schedules) Father-Daughter Walk Day with Shenan, her friend's daughter, and a LOT of bunnies.







Laurie asked me as I went up to shower, how the little one did.  I laughed and said, "She bitched all the way!  'I'm tired, I'm hot, you're going too fast, my feet are screaming, when can we get into shade?' "  Kids, this is why you need to get off your video-addicted butts and go DO something with yer lives...

This morning (Sunday), it was just me....


Well, maybe it won't be a church- but if it's just a house, it's a frickin' mansion...



Meanwhile, at the Duck IHOP...

More bunnies, same spot...

If you look way up the road, you'll see the other one... I just saw this one, digging up dirt and, I think, rolling in it...




Here's the other one, a baby...

"You're not gonna follow me, are you?  That little kid yesterday tried to follow me..."

After the bunnies, then it was goldfinches everywhere...







And a swallow catching a break...





The Swamp


And two more bunnies... (PS: when I got home and went to fill the "mafia hangout, " yet another one was in the back yard...)




Above is where I stood on the 4th with all my bloodsucking little buddies.  And I said to myself, "God's 'explosions'- all the things He showed me today- are better than ANY firework.  If I never go watch another one, so be it."


Always that one spot where you just feel the world take a breath...

And a nice raspberry breakfast

This guy was screaming all morning.  I think it's mating season and all the chicks are at the beach.

And on Ground Hog Road, of course...

Geez, what a lumbering brute!

6 comments:

  1. Chris:
    That's cool that you have chipmunks around.
    As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever SEEN you that "thrilled"...lol.
    Fort Wayne was nuked...well, part of it deserves it (just let me know ahead of time, so I can vamoose.
    WOW...those bunnies HAVE been "busy".
    Good call with kids. I do agree.
    That IS a rather impressive structure going up there. Wish it was MY house. Be easier to visit.
    Geez...lots of ducks as well!
    More bunnies, goldfinches, swallows...man, you get a load of neat critters up there.
    Being an "all you can eat buffet" for skeeters isn't fun AT ALL! Ask the Missus...heh.
    That tree-lined (shaded) path is frame-worthy...magnificent.
    Yeah, God does nice work.
    Raspberries, a hawk and groundhogs...a fine finish to a fine walkabout.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Stay safe (and keep cool) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just wish the chips would get along better... watched Stubby kick red's butt again last night...


      It would only be easier to visit if you could find yer way OUT of the darn thing!

      Delete
  2. Utter excitement is oozing from your every pore.

    I could stay on that green canopied road for a long while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll actually see some better pics of me Thursday. Hopefully, the thought doesn't give nightmares...

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, m'dear. Hope you're feeling better.

      Delete