Pages

Monday, September 7, 2026

Grok interviews Chris!

 


Q1:Your origin story as a human: were you bitten by a radioactive something, raised by birds that taught you to fly by yeeting yourself off cliffs, or did you just drink the wrong soda one day and wake up like this?

A:  A story best told by my dad:  "I zigged when I should have zagged!  When I tried to get the day off for your being born, the boss didn't believe me (the next of my siblings was born 10 years before), so I told him I was taking it off to go fishing."

Q2: Be honest—how many times a week do you open a blank document, stare at it like it owes you money, and then close it while muttering “tomorrow”?

A2: Hah!  Not often, but yesterday's post I got about halfway through, ran out of ideas, and stopped to take a nap...

Q3: What’s the most embarrassing hill you’ve died on in an argument, only to later realize you were spectacularly wrong… and still refuse to admit it in public?

A3:  I have gotten a lot better at admitting, but the one I still won't say I was wrong: Very drunk one night, being driven home by a friend, seconds from my house.  A kangaroo (mind you, this is Indiana) crosses our path.  I said, "I know I'm drunk, but that was a kangaroo that just went by." My friend, his eyes HUGE, says, "I didn't want to say anything..." Later, he accepts that it could not possibly have been a 'roo.  I say, there wasn't anything else it COULD have been.

Q4: If your browser history suddenly became public tomorrow, which search would require the longest, most elaborate explanation?

A4: I would think the many "delete browsing history"s would merit more examination, TBH...


Q5: Rank these in order of how much they currently run your life: caffeine, unfinished projects, the algorithm, spite, or the vague hope that “one day it’ll all make sense.”


A5: I rather like this one!  The algorithm probably ghosts over the top as I am not sure how it effects me; Hope in it all making sense is assured me in heaven, nothing vague about it.  Don't have a lot of spite, and my problem might be more "poorly finished" than unfinished, so I guess that me and my Pepsi Zero will go for caffeine at the top.

Q6: What’s a popular opinion in your circles that you secretly think is complete nonsense, but you’re too polite (or too tired) to fight about anymore?


A6: That the current dumpster fire that is society is right now proves the Rapture is coming soon.  I keep thinking, "Go back to about 500AD and see if it was really better."


Q7: Describe your ideal day in a way that makes it sound productive… then tell us what it actually looks like when no one’s watching.


A7:  A nice slow waking up, followed by Bible, Bathroom, and a nice long walk with doggie... checking the social media and news, praying for friends who ask for it... checking the hockey scores, seeing how far behind the Reds and A's are... Watch the latest thing we recorded with Laurie, go grab lunch somewhere, take a nice 2-hour nap.  What it looks like: "Are you really gonna lay around and do nothing all day?"


Q8: If you had to give your past self one piece of advice that past-you would immediately ignore, what would it be?

A8: Talk Dad into selling the house and get us a really nice apartment.  Near a good Non-Denom church.


Q9: What’s the dumbest piece of media (comic, movie, show, whatever) that you unironically love and will defend to the death, even though you know it’s objectively ridiculous?


"GILLIGAN!!!"

Q10: In the unlikely event this interview goes viral and strangers start forming strong opinions about you, what’s the one misconception you’d most want to correct… and the one you’d just lean into for the chaos?


A10: Toughie... The one I'd correct is from all the Atheists, bitter Catholics, and tea-tottlers that I am going to hell:  I have been saved by grace through faith, and I thank Jesus for paying it all!  The other one? All the rest, I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment