What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Bits and Pisses, chapter 3

I've been playing around with the new features e-mail blogger sent me this morning, and I love that new stat thing! Imagine, my humble blog has been read in Denmark, Germany, Canada, Indonesia, Taiwan, Japan, Czech Republic, Russia, and the UK! Not often, mind you, but still kinda cool!

I've also been turning in my points for surveys and cashing them in on Amazon. Right now I'm on Toluna and Opinion Outpost, as well as a couple others that I basically ignore. This was the first time I turned in on Toluna, and it netted me the second and third volumes of Neil Gaiman's Sandman (which is a very cool comic book) along with a cd of "The Good Life" by Firetown (whose claim to fame is that they eventually hired Shirley Manson to sing and became alternative rockers Garbage). Then I saw I had enough to turn in on O.O. for a second time (I'd already gotten a 50 check from tem last year) and translated it into a Four Seasons greatest hits box set, Kiss' Smashes Thrashes and Hits, and Days of Future Past by the Moody Blues. Two books, five cds, a $65 value on Amazon, mine for $5 shipping. Cool, eh?

Also again, with a little help from our printer, I've brought Laurie into the world of registered voters. Too bad we can't vote in Nevada and California and help them rid us of Reid and Pelosi.


And the KHL has finally solved its 24th team problem. HC Lev, which was going to play out of the Czech city of Karlove until the Czech federation threw a hissy fit and wouldn't allow it even for a hefty bribe, picked up its marbles and moved to Poprad in Slovakia, where they will become HC Lev Poprad and play in the same divsion as the the 3 (basically ) Moscow teams, St. Pete, and Riga.

Well right now I'm having a spot of trouble with one of these lovely new features, so I shall post this, before I have to retype it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment