What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, July 12, 2010

A plethora of Monday nothings.

Let me start off with this fun item, since it involves most of the copy/pasting


I need to do.



CHICAGO -- Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat put the player in danger.

Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.
"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for [James] for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."
Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."
"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," the reverend said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner-employee relationship -- between business partners -- and LeBron honored his contract."
Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.
Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.
NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment.


I've got a more accurate term for how Gilbert and Cleveland see James, especially after his lay-down-and-die performance in the NBA semis this year. I think the Rev. Jackson might be familiar with it, too. The term? CARPETBAGGER.


Also, would Jackson had opened his yap if it would have been former owner Robert Johnson of the Bobcats complaining? Just sayin'.
Second, the second of our walks Saturday (which was begged for from 4 pm on and finally given into at 8 pm) Netted us yet another deer (right in the middle of the greenway, disappearing down the trail to Scrappy's landing) and Mr. bunny rabbit (in the back yard). Then Sunday morning was greeted with yet another deer just crossing the parking lot when we woke up. So the running total for the year is now 21 deer, 16 rabbits, 5 bats, 3 chipmunks, 3 groundhogs, 2 each of raccoons, opossums, and skunks, one black squirrel, and our famous longhorn steer (who since he's in a corral only gets counted once.
Next, got this apparently final comment from Joshua that ends the long debate back on "what government is for":
Joshua said...
I'm sorry, but it is at this point where I must opt out of this conversation. My college course load has just picked up and I just have no time to post comments anymore.Thank you for the semi-intellectual discussion (Mainly on CW Martin's part)I can only recommend that you read up more on the Theory of Evolution because I don't feel that anyone in this forum quite understands the concept. (The Anon who posted the comment about irreducible complexity definitely doesn't)It was fun even if I didn't change anyone's viewpoint. "If you could reason with religious people, there's would be no religious people" -HouseAnd finally I bid you farewell. I'll probably still check the comments for a while, but I probably won't be commenting anymore
.
I know how he feels about the workload, as I've spent most of this tete-a-tete underneath all that OT. I thankfully accept his semi-compliment, though it would've meant more if it was based more on respect for my intellect and less about his more heated debate with Anon. In concluding, I have to say that anyone who can look at the irreducible complexity in nature and has any sort of common sense probably doesn't have time to waste on "understanding the concept" of evolution. If that sounds rough of me, follow the thread and see how short shrifted my personal relationship with Jesus Christ got. And I shudder to think what kind of grief Anon or I would have gotten for quoting a tv character. (probably "that does nothing to add to your point.") But it has been interesting to get a first hand look at the closed mind of a "free-thinking " atheist who isn't subject to the "brainwashing" we Christians got.
In looking over past posts tonight, I see I also left out that HC Budivelnik Kiev will not be playing in the KHL this coming season. Something about the league preferring that teams actually have an arena to play in. Kiev seems to be a bit deficient on that point.
Finally, thanks for the comment on time machine, msnkrey! These songs are like little bubbles of the best part of my life, and it makes me happy and sad at once to take them out and shine 'em up like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment