What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don Quixote is tired...

Moments after I posted "It Is What It Is", I went up to take a shower.  Mad at America, mad at myself for not doing enough, mad at God for allowing it. Thinking about just chucking all my connections- the blog, facebook, everything. "This is the world You wanted, " I snapped as I climbed under the water.

Should have known better.  God gets my attention best in the shower.

"You know, I HAD to let them make their own choice."

"I suppose.  What are You going to do about it?"

"What are YOU going to do about it?"

"Me?  Don't expect me to lead them by the hand out of Sodom!"

"But you already have been.  It is not your responsibility if Lot's Wife turns around and becomes a pillar of salt."


Hmmm.


So I guess that means nothing drastic changes here.  Time Machine will post Friday and all will be right with the world.  But Don Quixote is tired.  I feel much like a French soldier must have felt retreating through Poland and Germany in 1814.  Not willing to the battle, but knowing somewhere in France there is a girl not wanting to be raped by a Russian soldier.  Having to fight on for a country that is half-waiting for him to fail so they can go on to the next chapter- even if it is occupation by foreign forces.  The gun has no ammunition anymore, the bayonet is dull and barely cuts strips off my shirt for me to chew on in lieu of food.  But trudging on nonetheless, until I make it home or drop dead in a Saxon cornfield.

 Then He said to me: “Son of man, go to the house of Israel and speak with My words to them. 5 For you are not sent to a people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, but to the house of Israel, 6 not to many people of unfamiliar speech and of hard language, whose words you cannot understand. Surely, had I sent you to them, they would have listened to you. 7 But the house of Israel will not listen to you, because they will not listen to Me; for all the house of Israel are impudent and hard-hearted. 8 Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads. 9 Like adamant stone, harder than flint, I have made your forehead; do not be afraid of them, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they are a rebellious house.”
Moreover He said to me: “Son of man, receive into your heart all My words that I speak to you, and hear with your ears. 11 And go, get to the captives, to the children of your people, and speak to them and tell them, ‘Thus says the Lord God,’ whether they hear, or whether they refuse.”  Ezekiel 3: 4-11

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't take the credit when HE does the talking.

      Delete
  2. I agree 100% with this post. Last night after the election was over, and again this morning I felt the same way. I all but cried for the implications of what our poor country is in store for, but then I realized that it is all part of the plan. It has to happen for the one world government, and other end of day prophecies to be fulfilled. Probably not in the next four years, or even the next ten years but it is a necessary evil. As much as it pains me to see our great nation falling apart, and as much as it scares me for my daughter's future it is all part of the plan. I can take away some comfort from that, even though it is very hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of being one who lived to see the downhill slide start, either. I've tried to pray for the poor souls that think this was a good thing, as well, but that is a hard thing as well.

      Delete
  3. CWM:
    That reminds me of Moses preaching to Pharoah's hard-heartednes...every time Moses showed up to speak the word of God, things got worse for him...(and the captive Israelites).

    But, in the end they were released, Ramses got his butt kicked and after wandering around for 40 years, the children of God "came home"...
    (not far from where they started the journey)

    Talk about learning to be "contrite and humble", hmm?
    Our president could learn a LOT from that...if he had the notion to.

    Good post.

    Stay safe up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robert. I'm not going to split your moat in two, BTW.

      Delete
  4. I really wanted Romney to win, too. Lots of people did. Lots of people wanted a president that would bring fiscal responsibility and economic growth while fighting for the unborn and keeping America strong internationally. We wanted it to be Mitt Romney and feel understandably discouraged in the face of such epic disappointment (another four years of Obama). So take some time if you need to. Rest, regroup, take long walks with Scrappy. And then return to the fray, please! The fray needs you. It needs every one of us. Pick up your pitchfork (or whatever DQ tilts with; I forget!) when you are ready.

    And God IS in control. The battle, ultimately, is His, and you ARE on the winning side, (ultimately!) even if America continues to go down the tubes. Hang in there, buddy. Weeping endures for a night, but joy comes in the morning. There WILL be a morning, and you will want to be right there to see the sun rise. "DULCINEA!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best things about morning walks is seeing everything new, divorced from politics and perversion. Already the little commedian in the back of my head has come back, which is a good sign for my morale, if not for acceptable humor. Just wish Dulcinea wasn't such a fickle chick.

      Delete
  5. Well said, sir!
    After a couple of days, I'm still disappointed, distressed, distraught, and disillusioned. I didn't know my country as well as I thought I did.
    But, I know we'll be all right. The sun will come out tomorrow (didn't I hear that in a song somewhere?).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You described my feelings perfectly. I guess the thing I needed most to hear was "You know, I HAD to let them make their own choice." I thank you, and everyone who has (so far) commented here and on the last post for the morale boost.

      Sigh. "Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again..." as they used to sing on Capt. Kangaroo.

      Delete
    2. I'm feeling better. My daughter is home for the weekend from college.
      I wish my son was here, too, but he goes to school in Virginia.
      So, two thirds of the most important people in my life are home.
      Overall, not too bad.

      Delete
  6. Don't let it get you down, it could always be worse. It's a messed up world we live in!

    ReplyDelete