What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Laurie's Christmas decorating, and Scrappy gets some sun





Laurie used to have a big table and lots of room to make a huge Christmas village.  Since we moved to the land of "rent collectors are much nicer than mortgage collectors", the story has been much more modest.  But this year, the death of Laurie's old computer has left us with room for a village and a suburb on the other side of the room.  And the front window lights come out pretty good when taken on the camera's "fireworks mode".  With that, and the Christmas card we each got from our financial advisers, we are pretty much set for the blinky end of Christmas.


In the meantime, we actually had some sun this afternoon, and you know what that means...





Not sure what he thinks he sees...

We did see some deer later, at a "No shot in hell" distance... Scrappy gave it the old doggie college try to track them, anyway.

"Bout time I got some face time around here..."


------------------------------------------------------

On an unrelated note, we had a discussion of the liberal world's latest attempt to retell a Bible story, the movie Exodus:  Gods and Kings.  I had stumbled onto some reviews, the nicest of which ran something like, "Should you ignore Exodus: Gods and Kings?  As a Ramses from a earlier and much better movie said, 'So let it be written, so let it be done.' "  Laurie had mentioned that she had heard the creator was an atheist who wanted to show scientific explanations for everything.  I did not find exact confirmation of that, but what I did find was a comment made by "Moses" AKA Christian Bale:

“I think the man (Moses) was likely schizophrenic and was one of the most barbaric individuals that I ever read about in my life”.


And I said, "My God, Nancy Pelosi has a son!"

I shudder to think what logic a man who played a character opposite a psychopath like the Joker uses to come up with Moses- who admittedly unintentionally killed ONE man- as "most barbaric.  No, wait, here it is:

(Numbers 20) 6 Moses and Aaron went from the assembly to the entrance to the tent of meeting and fell facedown, and the glory of the Lord appeared to them. 7 The Lord said to Moses, 8 “Take the staff, and you and your brother Aaron gather the assembly together. Speak to that rock before their eyes and it will pour out its water. You will bring water out of the rock for the community so they and their livestock can drink.”

9 So Moses took the staff from the Lord’s presence, just as he commanded him. 10 He and Aaron gathered the assembly together in front of the rock and Moses said to them, “Listen, you rebels, must we bring you water out of this rock?” 11 Then Moses raised his arm and struck the rock twice with his staff. Water gushed out, and the community and their livestock drank.

12 But the Lord said to Moses and Aaron, “Because you did not trust in me enough to honor me as holy in the sight of the Israelites, you will not bring this community into the land I give them.”

13 These were the waters of Meribah,[a] where the Israelites quarreled with the Lord and where he was proved holy among them.


See, there's the misconception.  Bale is obviously a PETA member that thinks a pet rock is a real pet.  I'm sure he has a lot in common with his...

14 comments:

  1. You know, all kidding aside (this is difficult), I always thought Moses got screwed over that whole knocking the rock twice business. I get it, I really do, but after all he did, you think the Lord woulda cut him a little slack.
    Harken back to the movie (ok, NOW I'm playing around): Moses gave up Nefertiri to wed Zephora (was that her name? I really forgot and my Bible is in the other room). I mean, Zephora was attractive and all, but she was no Nefertiri. Plus, she became Lily Munster for cryin' out loud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Chuck knew she was a slut and could do better. Perhaps a great X 5 granddaughter of Potipher's wife.

      Delete
  2. Honestly, if it were up to me to choose, I would say let the first nuclear bomb dropped on America hit Hollywood - right about the intersection of Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street.

    Let the second one hit New York City and wipe out the C.F.R. headquarters and Wall Street.

    Third, Washington D.C. Let us say... the White House as the epicenter?

    Truthfully though, with Hollywood and the C.F.R./Federal Reserve gone, Washington D.C. would just be a paper tiger anyway - a non-entity. But I say, destroy D.C. anyway, because the "Change" would give me "Hope".

    Oops! Was my comment politically incorrect?
    How unlike me, eh?

    ~ D-FensDogg
    'Loyal American Underground'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I haven't thought about it...but nature abhors a vacuum, and I doubt we'd wanna see what fills in those holes...

      Delete
  3. I never did see Noah's ark that came out last year with Russell Crowe. I don't know about the rumors starting after each Biblical movie that the directors are atheist. I hear that about all of them. I do want to see Exodus though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KC saw it and thought it pretty much sucked on every level, with the exception of a little of the FX. And believe me, if the critics are anywhere close to right about Exodus, there should be plenty of seats available.

      Delete
  4. I like the 5th picture with the clouds reflecting in the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's at the mouth of the duck pond. Just across the river from IPFW.

      Delete
  5. Chris:
    While I think Bale did a masterful job with the (Nolan) Batman trilogy, he's got no place portraying anyone close to MOSES (we all know that belongs to the late Chuck Heston)...!

    Suffice it to say that "some" people feel the need to REWRITE the Biblical stories (read history) with tales of men who act like some sort of RAMBO of the Old Testament...(on a bad day).
    Sorry, not into that.
    As Christians, there is this thing called DISCERNMENT...and it needs to be practiced now more than ever.

    Don't permit the nay-sayers to have their way.

    Very good post (and pictures - nice village...)

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the problems I had with The Bible was the protrayal of Abraham like that.

      Delete
  6. Not a lot of sun around my part this last week a lot of rain and some storms to boot but not much sun, oh yeah nice decorations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and at least you don't have to start your cars early to melt off the frost like I am, lol

      Delete
  7. Nice to see you guys are still getting some sunny weather. I have missed catching up on your walks through the woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And today was really nice... I'm betting one of the last ones till spring.

      Delete