What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

A Scrappy Labor Day

So before I give you the low-down on the best Labor Day a Booogle could have, I have to tell this story.  I was gathering the last of my immediate news from good ol' WANE.com and found two interesting things- though not newswise.  First- and this is the second time I have spotted this-




Check out the second most popular story- "Page not found".  I know that sometimes our local news is a little spotty, but I didn't think it had gotten to the point that people go to pages of nothing just to escape.


Next, I saw the announcement of the "I Love The 90's" tour coming to Fort Wayne.  How it is that someone actually loves Coolio, Color Me Badd, Tone Loc, Young MC, Salt N Pepa featuring Spinderella, and Vanilla Ice is beyond me, but that as they say is not the point.  Because I looked off to the side and I saw:




So a 90's hip-hop show is considered a close match to invasive algae.  Covers it for me...


Scrappy's great Labor day started Sunday night with his very first bonfire...


"Are you excited?"


Examines the brazier



This fire brought to you by Pepsi and Dr Pepper


throwing the nerf football

"Should we be out there with those guys?"

Had to do some finagling as it got darker... 

At'sa my grandson dead center wrapped in mommy





We did a bunch of stargazing too- Jess had an app on her phone that you could hold up to the night sky and it would automatically show you what you were looking at.  Laurie tried downloading one on hers- but first try it was showing what was behind you, and second try put everything at a 45 degree angle.  They also had some bug spray that nearly killed us all, and a good time was had by all.

Labor day started with a good morning walk, followed by a backyard picnic with deli sandwiches, chips, and ho-hos.  After enjoying the late morning and early afternoon, we retired inside to watch the reds make a mockery of yet another ball game.   And then, we went to Culvers for some ice cream (well, frozen custard) of which Scrappy had his own bowl PLUS plenty of ours.

We finished by watching the GOOD half of the Ole Miss/FSU game.  I had a pretty good idea the Seminoles would come back- Kelley has a habit of folding once the other team figures out how to put pressure on him- so I watched the Rebels get their big lead and went to bed.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Chris! Hi, Scrappy!

    I'm happy to see these highlights of your Labor Day celebrations (and Scrappy's Labor Day salivations).

    It doesn't surprise me that your pooch loves to gobble on frozen custard - his + everybody else's. Scrappy was too polite to say anything at the time, but he wound up disappointed that night. When he saw the bonfire, he was hoping you were making preparations for a Tony Robbins style firewalk!

    Enjoy the rest of your week, good buddies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrappy nearly CAUSED a Tony Robbins style fire walk...

      Delete
  2. Chris:
    ---Hey, I OFTEN find the "page not found" some of WANE's BEST on-air work...LOL.
    ---ROFLMAO - hip-hop and algae blooms...a BRILLIANT analogy.
    ---That's SOME bonfire you got going there, too.
    ---Stargazer APP??? Just gimme a copy of Patrick Moore's Color Star Atlas and a compass and I got THAT covered.
    ---Gotta have Ho-Hos...or some Ding-Dongs!
    ---Scrappy & frozen custard...WHY does that seem SO right?
    ---I gave up football when I stopped playing those "pools" at work...never looked back since.
    :)

    Glad your Labor Day was a lot LESS laborious and a lot more festive.

    Stay safe up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Telling ya, man, that stargazer app is cool beyond words. We even knew when we were facing Pluto!

      Delete
  3. Looks like Scrappy had a bloody great Labour Day

    ReplyDelete