What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, February 4, 2019

The dividing line between merely addled and bat (you know what) crazy...



This will be brief, to the point, and then I will have fulfilled my rant quotient for the day and will be satisfied.  We all want to see me satisfied, right?

It starts when Rush Limbaugh read the start of an article on Politico, that bastion of (relative) truth and (social) justice, taking a stand in the divide between the merely addled (the former Democrat mainstream) and the- as Mad Jack would call them- "Batshit crazy" ( the Ocasio-Cortez wing, which call themselves "justice democrats".  I really had to look up the article to actually believe what was said in the paragraph:

"Maybe you’ve heard the warning: The country is beset by a menace. A fringe conservative minority is holding Congress hostage, extracting radical policy concessions over the will of the majority. And it’s leading the nation to fiscal, environmental and moral ruin.

Maybe you haven’t heard this part: These dangerous conservatives are Democrats."

Of all the stupidity contained in this world-shakingly stupid paragraph, I'd like to get to the part about where the conservatives are bringing "moral ruin".

Let's examine the current state of Democrat morality.

God established us with a moral code based on the Ten Commandments.  For thousands of years, even those who had never heard of Moses lived by similar codes.  Let's look at them and how the current Democratic Party is seeing them.

#1- I am the Lord Your God. You shall have no other gods before Me..

Democrats- "let's take 'so help you God' out of oaths sworn in government, because that would surely subvert the world.  Oh, and get God out of our schools, our coinage, our pledge of allegiance, and off of every piece of land that can be connected with the Government."


The other day, I read an article where a school board had overruled a school principal who basically tried to ban a teacher from going to a certain church because "some of her students might go there, and that would be fraternization."  That was the second time this principal had tried to limit this teacher's freedom of religion and the second time the school board shot the principal down.


#2- You shall make no idols.

Democrats:  Hillary Clinton is the most intelligent woman in the world.  Any criticism of Barack Obama is racism.  I could go on...


#3- You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

Democrats: Nancy Pelosi on churchgoing Republicans:  “They pray in church on Sunday and they prey on people the rest of the week. And while we’re doing the Lord’s work, ministering to the needs of God’s creation, they are ignoring those needs which is to dishonor the God who made them.”

Tell me Nancy, how are you ministering to those killed by people your city won't allow to be deported?  How are you doing God's work when you stand up for abortion, for LGBT lifestyle, when your city has so many homeless it's not safe to walk the streets for human feces and drug needles?  Oh, because you're stopping THE WALL.  Good job, Nancy.  Apparently Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez appreciates your charity.

#6- You shall not murder. 

But if you do, and you are an illegal immigrant, a member of a violent drug-pushing gang, or are in prison for any of the above, step right into the voting booth.  And you'll always have a home in OUR cities.

Oh, and just lay that newborn baby on the table over there.  Give the Doc a few minutes to convince the mom, and he'll kill it and call it an abortion.  At least that's what the Governor of Virginia (who CNN tried to say was a republican- 'darn, the "R" and the "D" lok so much alike') says (or said, depending on which way it's currently dribbling), and the legislature of New York says is okie-dokie with them.  That shows some real moral character.

#7- You shall not commit adultery.

Bill Clinton, accused several times, caught at least once- "but that's okay".  Donald Trump, makes a joke (not funny one, either) about grabbing something, "burn in hell."  If #Metoo taught us anything, it's that NOBODY is safe from sexual temptation.


You see, my problem here is NOT that these people are not Christian (because believe me, Christians can be just as cruel to each other), and it's NOT that some of them claim to be "God-fearing" and are anything but.  My problem is that they have had to twist their logic so far around to pursue their agenda, that they don't even make sense anymore.  For example:


The largest Christian university is under fire for canceling a speech from Jewish conservative commentator Ben Shapiro. The school cited "biblical truths" and a fear that he would divide the school's "unique and united community."

Grand Canyon University officials told students from the Young America's Foundation (YAF) chapter at GCU of their decision Thursday. The decision immediately drew a firestorm of criticism.

So, how much is your unique and UNITED community worth if they can't listen to a Jew make a conservative speech?  What part of Ben Shapiro would divide the school?  His faith? His race? His political leanings?

Your UNITY is GARBAGE.  If you can't allow a reasonable, responsible speaker to present his views on your campus because some of your students might be offended, possibly causing an irresponsible scene, you don't have a unity to protect.  You have a snowflake idol you bow to.

But why should I be surprised at these people?  They just spent a whole article telling us Nancy Pelosi is a conservative...

14 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---We are often quite like-minded along these lines.
    Wifey gets to hear my verbal "essays" on these topics, and but you have brought to page what I think, feel and say DAILY.
    It's times like this that I wish I had more hands.
    Guess you'll have to settle for applause from just TWO.

    Excellent call!

    Stay safe (and well-spoken) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advantage of what I do for a living (no, not clean hands) is that I get to listen to news, podcasts, etc, on my earbuds. I've since gone to listening to music exclusively. Music doesn't make me lose my mind or give me acid reflux quite like the lunacy which is the Left.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I left work today, I turned on Rush as he was just about to run a bite from The View. (I changed the channel. I got commercials and had to go back.)

      Delete
  3. I have no idea what to say so all I am saying is nothing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I listened to most of the President's speech last night, and was impressed. The immoral, hate filled cadre dressed in white also impressed me, as they exemplify a nation divided.

    The populace has ceased to be polite and cordial in their disagreements. Some have completely divested themselves of any Christian trappings and behavior; they declare themselves the enemy.

    The evil one is alive and well on earth. I probably won't live long enough to see the coming civil war, but unless hearts are changed by the grace of God, I actually believe that we will come to another civil war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the way I feel. I grieve for our grandkids.

      Delete
  5. I have so much to say about this post but I will spare you. I think what is pissing me off so much right now is that the abortion bill in VA (and legislature in NY) has been overshadowed by Northam's year book. Yes, it's appalling that he did blackface and it should be discussed...and so should the abortion bill. Insane and nutty to me. Oh yeah, and CNN, too bad so sad. He's a Democrat.

    Phew. Got me fired up!


    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, feel free to rant! Seconds ago, Laurie and I were just discussing the trivial-ness of the whole blackface thing. Makes one wonder whether it came up on purpose to deflect the abortion comments. Newsflash: The President blew that plan away on the SOTU...

      Delete
  6. Sadly I think the quality of folks running for office is going down the tubes, but under the recent circumstances of deep scrutiny and condemnation for any little thing I can understand why smart people wouldn't want to run for office--that's because they are smart.

    Secular morality is a disturbing trend that is turning this country into a loony bin of thought.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added, "Rise up good men and women to govern us," to my daily prayers after I was reminded that the nation is only as good as its worst leaders. And I agree with loony bin, but remain unconvinced there is any thought attached.

      Delete