What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

In shorthand...

...is probably how I'll be doing this for a while. In its infinite wisdom, Arden corp. has went out and got so many orders- I'll let you speculate on the benefits of overcommitment in today's economy- that at least this week we have a 10-hr Saturday staring us in the face. Happy? So much so I don't want to rant about it. Although I haven't really offended anybody over it yet, which is really good for me. Usually I wear the frustration on my short sleeves so everyone can see it and no one can stand me. For the most part, I've kept it in so far, and I'm the only one who can't stand me.

So, just for my relaxation, I'm going to update the Euro hockey situation. In the KHL, MVD has come back with tight 3-2 and 2-1 wins to knot their final with Ak Bars at 2-2. I hear Kazan has lost 2/3 of their best line (Morozov is still apparently whining about Thoreson's crack upside his head at the start of the last round) and their best line, featuring Niko Kapannen, is playing behind their best Russian line. Not making judgements here, just the facts, ma'am.
HV71 has managed to take a 2-1 lead over Djurgardens in the Swedish finals. In the Czech Rep., Pardubice is steamrolling Vitkovice Steel, up 3 games to 0, with former NHLer Petr Sykora having a big series. In Finland, #1 JYP was knocked out by #6 TPS Turku and #2 KalPa was schwocked by #5 HPK Hameenlima, setting up the all-upset final between Turku and HPK whilst the 1-4 seeds start golfing early.
In Slovakia, top seed Slovan Bratislava finally got on the board with a 2-1 win, but Kosice won the next night 3-2 in OT to take a 3-1 game lead in their finals. In Swiss National League A, Geneve Servette topped SC Bern 3-2 in OT to go up 3 games to 2 on the top seed.
In Germany, I'm sorry to say that Grizzly Adams Wolfsburg lost to Augsburger 3-2 to fall from the playoffs. The final started yesterday between the 8th seed Augsburger Panther and the 4th seed Hanover Scorpions. The Scorps sting first, 3-1 to take game one.
And we have two new champions to crown. In Denmark, SonderjyskE, from the tiny little bugsplot of Vojens (pop. 7714) in the south of the country (Sonderjysk meaning "southern Jutland") defeated AAB Aalborg 4-1 to sweep the four game set and add their third title to the ones won in 2006 and last year. And in Norway, the Oilers of Stavenger, in just their fifth season of existence, Blanks top seeded Valerenga Hockey 4-0 to win the GET-Ligaen title 4 games to 2. Stavenger was a team founded by Finnish immigrants in a city on Norway's southern tip, facing across the North Sea from England. Congrats, guys!

And finally, we are at four followers now! I can't always promise to be interesting, but at least I've mastered spell check. Thanks for following!

No comments:

Post a Comment