One of the rages all over the blogging world is giving and receiving awards. Now, to me an award should fit the recipient, but the rules of blog awards (unless you have an enormous fanbase and time to pick and choose) is to just notify a follower on your blog of the honor; have them due the prestidigitation necessary to put the award on your site; set up a link to the other blogger and thank them; come up with seven facts about yourself; and notify 5 other bloggers that you are passing the award on to them.
I have been so notified by chocolateangel at The Cat and the Coffeecup. And if the timbre of this post is a bit off, I apologize, I do appreciate it. Or actually them, as she had two awards to pass out- I decided I might be more mistaken as Versatile than Stylish. Her site is a neat everyday life kinda place that occasionally features the misadventures of Bazinga the cat, and I enjoy it totally. I have also completed the required digital magic to post my award, which you will now see on the right hand side of the page. This is the second time I've tried this, as I also sport the Simple Dude button. His was complete with an html code that I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out where it needed to go. The award was accomplished, after learning I couldn't do it the other way in a similar twenty minutes, by capturing it as a picture and posting it as such.
As for the seven things, well....
1. I was born Catholic, saved by the grace of Jesus Christ, and firmly convinced that all runs by God's will and sufferance.
2. I am basically a conservative, my take a lot like my hero Richard Nixon, and I feel Ronald Reagan was far and away the best president of the 20th century.
3. I grew up in the tiny village of Besancon, near the slightly more famous village of Zulu, between the at-least-I-can-find-them-on-the-map towns of New Haven and Monroeville, Indiana. This was an area of French immigration, and not surprisingly I have a French grandpa and German Grandma on one side and a German Grandpa and French Grandma on the other.
4. I am horribly shy, so you'd best break the ice.
5. My picture of heaven would be me and all my dogs throughout my life kicking back on the summer grass, watching a baseball game and listening to seventies music.
6.My best pals and confidants are Laurie and Scrappy. Big shock there, eh?
7.I am prouder of my two kids, KC and Shenan, than I can easily express.
That done, I come to the hard part- passing this along.I know some people love these things, some do not want to deal with them, and some can't stand them, and I don't know who is what. Therefore, I will do a semi-copout: Anybody of you wants the award, let me know who you are. Scrappy and I will discuss your qualifications and award as needed.
Okay then , that concludes the awards ceremony. Be sure to give chocolate angel a read and come back here for more adventures in versatility.