Saturday, May 14, 2011
1. Deserves an Oscar for casting, especially on Fandral, Heimdall, and Loki.
2. JMS' new takes on Loki and Jane Foster were fantastic, original, and surprising. Especially Loki, because you never quite grok his motivations or if he's on the side of the angels- particularly if you know him from the comic books.
3. Costuming also deserves an award. Especially Thor, Heimdall, and Loki.
4. Most times when the movie departs from the story you know it detracts from it for me. Not this time. Not knowing the backstory doesn't hurt; knowing it, it becomes even more exciting for the differences.
5. FX where wild without being distracting. Altogether, a well done job.
Hard to say anything else without ruining it for those who haven't seen it; well worth the price of admission.
BTW, I looked at the movie experts reviews, and what I said on Time Machine this week still holds. What a pack of jerks. You should climb out of your faux-ivory towers and experience the world for a while, because your judgements from on high S-U-C-K!!! Especially Roger Ebert and Linda Cook. I question whether they actually watched the movie or just spun a wheel with "Good review" and "bad review" on alternate pie slices.