What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Thursday, December 13, 2018

A Scrappy Wednesday walk

So when you get "lack of work"ed the rest of the week, you start out Wednesday with a walk...






Uh-oh- the drinking hole is frozen over...



Darn cold on the tongue...


Froze down there, too... plus a steep climb...

Hey, the river might have some melty water...

Whaddaya mean, I can't go down?

Hey, they finally got guardrails on the new bridge!

5 comments:

  1. Guardrails is always a good thing. I love that Scrappy is still wanting to get to that water. How dare it freeze over!

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know, the funny thing is they still have the darn thing roped off- presumably because they made it wide enough for a Sherman tank to cross, it's a "no vehicle" trail, and they haven't put up idiot bars yet.

      Delete
  2. I've been away for awhile, so "lack of work"ed is unfamiliar to me. What does that mean?
    And, what Elsie said. That water has a lot of nerve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Means at 7:42 AM, me and my partner wiped out the available orders, and what came out in the next hour were few and WAY ahead of schedule, so they only needed one of us. I had the vac days in my pocket, so away I went.

      Delete
  3. Chris:
    ---I see no one's raked any leaves along the trails...LOL.
    ---Frozen water holes? Well, that's no fun (but neither is going into the river in near freezing temps. Plays holy hell on old joints (trust me in this).
    ---Roped off guard rails???
    Does that come under the Department of Redundancy Department for the city?
    Yeah, looks plenty wide to drive across (for a "foot path".
    ---Hey, at least that bar is still standing...

    Very good walkabout.Thanks for sharing.
    (tell Scrappy I enjoyed it)

    Stay safe (and warm) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete