But now, along comes mankind. Prometheus gave him fire, Archimdes gave him a lever, Henry Ford gave him an assembly line, and the next thing you know, he's had more effect on the planetary climate than all the combined disasters of umpty-billion years put together. A couple decades ago, I remember talk of man causing a new ice age. Pollution, deforestation, and fluorocarbons were going to turn us all into abominable snowmen. But then, unfortunately for the groups who using questionable science to get a noble goal (cleaning up the planet, not leading us into a neo-luddite abandonment of fossil fuels), the climate began to warm.
Hence, global warming.
If you dote jot and tittle on out beloved Commander-in-Chief, you know that the #1 way to stop global warming is
Far fetched? Sure. But I'm not the one who thinks his great grandpa had a tail.
Bouncing Barb got tagged in one of those "eleven question" games like the one I did here. As a part of that, she requested that her followers all answer her eleven questions. Among the other rules of the game, that is, which I shall now ignore, moving on to answer these questions despite not having previewed them.
- What is your favorite flower? Lillies of the valley. We had a patch around the Maple tree behind the garage, which was my second favorite tree to pee on as a boy. They were the flower for my birth month of May, so they were my favorite. I wouldn't sniff'em , though.
3. What is the first scary movie you remember watching? We watched Dark Shadows faithfully, I think a scary soap opera qualifies.
4. Do you snore? ZZZZZZZZZZZ... huh?
5. What's your favorite curse word and how often do you use it? I truly wish I could say "gosh", "shucks", or "darn", and "very infrequently".
6. What's the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in public? Today? Or all time?
7. If you could have one moment back with someone (alive or dead) what would it be? One moment, with one person? The time- high school. The person- classified, other than I have not seen her in about 35 years. The action- simply holding hands.
8. How did you come up with your blog title? Don Quixote. Ah, my dear Dulcinea!
9. Where did you grow up? Besancon, Indiana- not even a dot on the map between New Haven and Zulu.
10. What is your favorite mode of transportation? dog-assisted foot power.
11. What was the best vacation you ever had? With my bro's family through the south in 1977. A blog post of its own.
Finally tonight, I am forced to inaugurate the first Tough Shit Award!!!
And here is the news story for which I kick this very prestigious award off:
“Calling people illegal or an illegal immigrant has become normalized even though it’s a term that’s inaccurate, it’s dehumanizing and it’s politically charged,” said Mónica Novoa, coordinator of the Drop the I-Word public campaign. “It’s anti-immigrant, anti-Latino language that’s harmful.”
Hey, you don't like it? GO HOME. GET LEGAL. COME BACK. Then you can join the rest of us as we offend those who are breaking the law. It'll be a blast!