What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, August 19, 2012

After the sermon...









I entered into God's Cathedral.
Not a church built with man's hands, but by the merest thought of God.
Here, I could see the mightiest- and how small they were.
I could see the smallest- and how great they were.
And I could see the greatness and smallness in myself.




In the silence, I could diligently seek Him.
And find Him in every step.
In the singing I could hear His Glory;
in the air, smell His censor.




My, but there are a lot of pews!
But they are scattered in every direction!
That's because, in this cathedral,
God is everywhere.



What do you come seeking?
Hope.
And do you find it?
If I am patient...



...Because she is often well-hidden.

This, then, is unlike any other church!
Well, except in one respect.
You see, here there is only one other congregant;
and even here...



...Sometimes I'd like to boot him right in the butt!


7 comments:

  1. Really great post. I have often thought that outside is where I feel closest to God, not in some stuffy church surrounded by clanging incense burners and creepy old men in robes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, and I often feel the same. I feel closer to God out in nature than I do in a lot of churches. No screaming babies in nature! (Well, hopefully not. If so, call the police immediately)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written. I love this post! God is good all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CWM:
    I canpt recall ALL the times I spent back in Philly (Pennypack Park) "communing with God" as my one buddy used to say.
    When you're smack-dab in the MIDST of HIS creation, you can't help but get caught up in the beauty, the purpose, and the caring He has given us.

    Well said...
    (except for the whole boot/butt/beagle thing...LOL)

    Stay safe up there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true! I'm loving the photos as well :) Hope you had a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to everyone! Another post that, through God's mercy, wrote itself as the events unfolded. A lot of my Sunday School lessons were like that.

    ReplyDelete