What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

2018 A to Z mashup part one



As you all know, there are those out there who do the April A to Z blogging challenge every spring.  And, as you know, I have better things to do than clutter up my blog all month long with alphabetical posts.  So, for the last 3 or 4 years, I have done the mashup- short blurbs for each letter, in two strategically placed posts during the month.  This year, I have changed it up a little- putting the first post here near the beginning (mainly because I came up with what I consider a good idea and didn't want to forget).   At one point, I considered a "_ Lives Matter" theme, but couldn't see myself developing all the one-shot memes I would have needed.  Instead, today I thought, "How about a "all the things I hate about social media" theme?"  And it was good, and before day and night could pass on the first day, I went to work.  Here is part one.


A- When you answer a question on someone's post  and then watch as 15 other people who can't be bothered to read previous comments give the SAME answer- and some of them are curious why nobody is congratulating them on their great detective skills....



B- Anything involving Broccoli or Brussels Sprouts.  And just because I saw them while gathering ideas for this post, throw in okra and squash.

C- Hillary Clinton Photoshopped into an orange prison jumpsuit.  I mean, it was cute the first 10K times, but come on...

"Well, cute might be a strong term..."
D- Dogs.  Dogs, dogs, dogs.

Oh, come on.  You all know I'm just kidding.


E- Posts with exaggerated, unbelievable, or just plain false claims.  Am I the only one that knows the address to Snopes.com?  (Latest example:  The FDA announcing that autism is a side effect of vaccines.  Because they would totally do that, especially if it was true.)


F- When a liberal arguing with you blames your opinion on your watching FoxNews.  Dude, I would tell you how many news sources I use, but you might have to take your shoes off to decipher the meaning of such a high number.  And with feet like yours, I just as soon you keep your shoes on.


G- Getting notifications on Twitter That Joe Blow who you barely pay attention to liked a tweet by someone you never heard of on a subject you care less about.  How about we go back to just notifying me on people liking or re-tweeting my stuff and leave it at that?

H- All the spam on Twitter I had to block during the hurricanes last year while trying to actually get breaking info.  I was so glad to get the chance- actually, dozens of them- to live stream the Mayfield fight from the night before, and the chick with her top off was nice as well.

I- Basically illegible spam posts to old blog posts.  For example, this weekend's contestant:

Definitely believe that that you stated. Your favourite justification appeared to be at the net the simplest thing to have in mind of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while folks think about concerns that they plainly don't know about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and outlined out the entire thing with no need side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thank you 

J- "Share if you love Jesus, ignore if you don't".  Because Jesus really wants to guilt you into a Facebook post.  Please people, tell me you don't think these things are worth "Great Commission" points.

"Hey, and they get you a burger on one Friday in Lent..."



K- Kathy Griffin.  Nuff said.

"Say, what do you have against Peter's sister, anyway?"

L- (Pick 2 or three of your FB friends) like (Fill in the product being advertised).  I tell you what, if the friends mentioned actually HIT a like on your product's post, fine.  I don't care otherwise.  I will use the "hide this post" option.



And finishing out the first half...




M- "In case you missed it" on Twitter.  If I want to see it that bad, I'll scroll that far.  Now geddouttamyway.


Okay, so that's part one.  Stay tuned for part two around the middle of the month... or maybe the end... or when I get tired of trying not to lose the darn list, whichever....

5 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---I get a kick outta this each year you've done it. Nice Genesis intro, as well.
    ---Hillary Clinton - also-ran of the decade!
    ---And that's why I don't DO twitter (or FB).
    ---Great Commission points...LOL.
    I didn't know ANYone was keeping score (except the Almighty Himself)?
    ---Kathy Griffin...ROFL!
    ---Somehow, blogging seems SO much more sedate than FB and Twitville.
    Very humorous post.

    Stay safe (and stay dry) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Kathy Griffin "picture" really just fell into my lap. I was just looking for "Peter looking p.o.ed."

      Delete
  2. I feel like you could knock the A to Z out of the park. Just sayin'

    I'm guilty of not reading comments. On anything. I type my response and truly hope it's original content. If not, oh well.

    I don't like or share Jesus posts. If he doesn't know I love him by now, I guess I'm screwed.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say that we have a connection to Jesus that doen't depend on keeping touch on FB.

      Delete
  3. Ok I think I am glad I came here today

    ReplyDelete