What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, August 6, 2018

Doggie-less walk

Before I start getting hate mail for not taking Scrappy on the good ol' walks, know that a) during the week I've been giving him "low-impact" walks around the back yard in the evenings and b) he's been to the bark park the last two mornings.  It's been flat too hot for him, even though he doesn't agree, and the amount of exercise I need (and haven't been going after because of his situation) would kill him (though he'd like to try).  But I need to step up for me, and Sunday I did just that.


Ah, the woods... been a while...

Ran into this little cutie right off the bat.  Five feet away and too little to be scared...


They finally re-gravelled the trail in our absence



At least the creek looks better...



Two nice in-flights before he settled down and let me get a still

Signs at the Alumni Center are new:  Left says AC parking only- as if you can wedge in there, it's always so busy lol

Ah, the scum has moved to south canal

Scrappy woulda loved chasing this fatso


Reminds me, last week KC took me my first time kayaking.  No pictures as I didn't know if I would fall in or not (I didn't, BTW).  From the hips up, I would have stayed out twice as long.  Hips down I was ready for traction.

The swamp is basically a really squishy mini-golf course.


"Well, duh!  This hot, even I'm staying in the shade!"

More new signs courtesy Fart University AKA PFW

They still haven't got this new bridge open?  Me and Scrappy coulda built it by now!  Screw it, I'm going over.


"See Natasha?  I told you squirrel is a spy!"

Nice shady spot.  It's hot, I'm whupped!



Cute as buttons...


I do have to go back and show you one from our 21st annual fantasy football draft- and it's first time participant:




I put this on FB as "Isaiah in penalty box as Daddy pees in corner"...

6 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---I can relate to how Scrappy might handle the heat.
    The mind is willing, but the body says: "Hey, cut that crap out"!)
    ---You got some great photos...the squirrels and "Natasha" (to quote Cap: "I understood that reference".), monarchs and (indigo bunting or bluebird?) avian life.
    ---The deer must have been the icing on a rather sweltering cake.
    ---LOL...that last pic is funny. And who blew up the Legos? They're all over the place (no bare feet, please).
    ---And I know that KC is NOT relieving himself (you brought him up BETTER than that)...besides, the "locals" in MY part of town have SOLE copyrights on such activity.

    Very good walkabout.

    Stay safe (and keep cool) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it THAT fuzzy? Just a big ol' Black swallowtail...

      Delete
    2. Nah, it's picture #16 (scrolling down) - the blue bird with the green pond scum

      Delete
    3. Oh, him... that is a big dragonfly...

      Delete
  2. You have to take care of Scrappy and if it is too hot for him he needs to stay home in the cool then that is what is needed.

    ReplyDelete