What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Vacation day one

Finally it's vacation time, and though Friday actually started it, a 9-hour workday plus a Doctor's appointment supposed to be at 4, checked in at 3:20, got in the exam room at 4:18, and out to the car at 5, took it out of me.  Saturday, though, began with a walk with doggie...







Such color!


That fell right in front of us...


By the time you got to the south end of the trail, it was getting muggy, buggy, and full of socceristas and joggeristas
This is Scrappy in "I don't wanna go home yet" mode.  The minute we crossed the bridge, he went from leading to being drug at half-speed, lol.

And a baby bunny in the yard.

Next was a trip to Salamonie Lake



"I can only find two talk stations that will come in here."
"Try FM."
"Oh, yeah..."
(Note: selection wasn't much better)




Wait, is that a whale sighting?


(I am standing on tiptoe there...)

"Oh, no... it's huge, horrible... EEEEEEEE!!!!!"

Later, later, go to Decatur, eat at the Back 40...

Dr Wuest:  Damn it, Mr Martin, I said better choices, SMALLER PORTIONS!
ME:  And I said, 'Food coma'!

Later, it was time to settle in with a Golden Monkey or two (actually 1 1/3 as it ended up) and watch the race at Bristol.  All was going well, until, in about a three second span, I knocked my precious liquid flying and Kyle Bush knocked my driver, Martin Truex Jr, flying as well.  Neither of us were happy...


MTJ kicks his car.  I blamed Laurie.  Scrappy got beer.


Tune in tomorrow for Sunday (hopefully) fun!

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---YEah, doctors are like hair dressers...once they get you IN the door, they NEVER let you go.
    Nice walkabout...and yes, it's been VERY buggy all over.
    Glas Scrappy got out for a bit.

    Never been to Salamonie lake...or ANY real lake in Indiana (yet), but I have a feeling they're all not going anywhere soon.
    For a second, I thought Laurie set her chair up on a ROAD...(yeah, it's the beach)
    Ahh...the Back 40. D and I used to go there every year with her late aunt and uncle.
    EXCELLENT service and buffet.
    I miss those excursions.
    Funny thing, her aunt and uncle's money was NEVER any good there...lol.
    Food Coma? Yeah, sure...why not?
    ---Important "safety note" - NEVER have you drink within arm's reach when a spinout is looming during a NASCAR race. Move away from the bottle, can, glass or mug.
    (cleanups are never as easy as they are ON the track.)

    Very good post. Looking forward to the rest of the week's "festivities".

    Stay safe (and less buggy) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the spinout wasn't looming... it all looked actually safe to do a channel-check on the LLWS game, which I was attempting to grab the remote for when I hit the beer, (thus Laurie gets the blame because she's the big LLWS fan). The spinout came as I bent down to explain to my glass what an idiot I was...

      Delete
  2. I've missed your walks. Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed you, too! Been praying for you a lot.

      Delete