What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Vacation day 3 and part of 4

Afraid there isn't just a whole lot to report.  The new tires are on the vehicle.  Afterwards was a shopping trip and eats at Biaggi's.  Part of the shopping netted Scrappy a new toy...





...which brought him about five minutes of elation before he returned to "I'm too old for this" mode.  Capitalizing on this moment of melancholy, it proceeded to rain...




...and when I say, "rained", I mean "cow urinating on the flat rock" raining...





...so hard that even Mr-I'll-go-out-and-lick-water-out-of-the-gutter was dubious about going out...





And this continued most of the evening, culminating in a 4AM cloudburst that put our one plan for Tuesday- a Shoaf Park walk with my lovely niece and her lovely beagle-ette- in danger.  We finally got Accuweather and Weather Underground to agree on a 9 to 10 AM window, which Scrappy was excited to try...

(Insert high pitched excited whining here...)

And so we met on the Great Circle for a leisurely jaunt under merciful skies.

This is Piper


Piper is hunter of some repute, and Raine would let her go after squirrels for the fun of it..





Then we met up with this guy.  Laurie spotted him in a little tree just ahead of us- about three feet off the ground, looking at us from a peek spot behind the tree.  Raine let Piper go, and up the tree he went.  I tried to get a picture of him...and he shook the leaves and drenched me!  Piper wandered off to investigate some geese, and he came all the way down to the ground, ballsy little sod...







...till Piper caught sent of him again, sending him back whence he came...





And he never dropped the acorn he munched from the moment he soaked me!



The rain resumed as soon as we got home, and dampened a trip  to IHOP and associated shopping.  But the thing that REALLY sucks is NOBODY around here had my Golden Monkey!   I e-mailed Victory Brewing, and they said get ahold of the distributor-  Victory's response time every bit as good as their beer.  Nothing from the distributor as of yet, so it looks like Oberon for me for the time being...

GRRR... it's gotta get better!  Just kidding.  It still beats working!

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Pets and toys...go figure, huh?
    (bet some knotted rope would work just as well.)
    ---Yeah, finding a "window of opportunity" with the recent rains (monsoons?) has been problematic.
    Glad you guys got a good walk in.
    ---LOL...love that squirrel who would NOT lose the acorn...talk about perseverance.
    ---NO G-Ms??? Now that's not right.
    (wonder if any of the booze shops in Waynedale or other points SW have some?)
    There are a few that have NOT been robbed lately.

    A very good day and yes, it ALWAYS beats working.

    Stay safe (and dry) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost stopped at the Hops-n-Schnapps in Angola today... but, I do have Oberon...

      Delete
  2. Yes. Yes it is.
    Tony and I are working on a new retirement plan. Scratch tickets. So far I'm up $15. So, yeah... still going to work.
    Your squirrel pics are awesome. I mowed the lawn today. I saved a toad from the slice and dice. That was as close to nature as I got today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be jealous, you're closer to the ocean than me, lol!

      Delete