What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The uniqueness of yesterday

So I was looking around for something to post about and came upon a story about a couple who are brewing a doggie beer for their pet, who has digestive issues.  It is called Good Boy Dog Beer and is sold at some locations near their Houston home.

The brews are called beer "because we use a lot of the same equipment a brewery does. We just skip the fermentation process," Megan Long told USA Today.

She said the beer contains all natural ingredients, including vegetables, meat and turmeric, a spice known to aid digestion in canines.

The Good Boy Dog Beer company now has products available at more than 20 dog-friendly bars and restaurants in the Houston area and they also ship their products in cans.

The beer is available in three varieties: "IPA lot in the yard," "Session...Squirrel!" and "Mailman Malt Licker."

IPA Lot In The Yard, I love it!  But frankly, I said to myself the other day that they should make a low-ABV beer for dogs- and the little voice in the back of my head told me, "Well, KC left that Budweiser in the fridge..."

And a few days ago, I shared some with Scrappy.  Because he loves beer, and was dying to have some Golden Monkey (which I would not part with).  But after I finished my GM, I thought perhaps the Bud would then be palatable (it was not) and I wouldn't mind giving him a little in his bowl. 

Before you all come down on me, we are talking about a 15-year-old dog whose body is rapidly falling apart on him and deserves a little treat now and again.  God knows, he would LOVE to be able to do walks like he used to.  I am afraid of the day that he loses function in a leg, or falls down and can't get up, so I regulate his adventures far more than he would like.  Yesterday, though, we went out into the wild...

One of several ground hogs I saw- and you get to see- while he merely got to sniff after the facts.  But it evens out in that he saw five deer that you don't get to see because they were going too fast.


It was a gorgeous day, and he seemed quite sprightly.  Then I figured out why...



These last two pictures were but a couple of the many ways he TRIED to get me to let him go down to the creek and drink himself into a coma.  He did not succeed.  Mainly because the water was a bit "blue" for my comfort, and tangently the last time I let him sample the ditch at home, he had to back out of it because his back legs got stuck and they no longer have the strength to get out of muck.


A couple of shots at Woody...

And the Bluebird of something less than happiness shooting us a dirty look...


I thought about supplementing these with pictures that I took on the 15th of October in other years, but learned that it was the FIRST October 15th I had pictures for!  So I looked at the 14th...




in 2015...


Ducks were starting packing for the trip south...


And the colors were a bit better than now.


2016...




Well, that was the second of two straight nights we ran into a whole herd of deer up by Coliseum Blvd....

Geez, lookit 'em all!

Moon's coming up- time to head home!

Mars and the moon to light the way...


Last year...



Pretty much the last time we ran into our foxy friends...

Darn it, I KNOW he went in here...


So now, we move ahead a couple of days to this date in 2013...





Oh boy!  We went to The Spot!!!


Today, though, we will eat a peaceful meal at home, count our blessings for yesterday's trip, and go to bed dreaming of another unique day before it all fades away....

4 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---(pause for effect)..."Dog Beer".
    ((ahem))
    Well, I suppose canines should be permitted to "imbibe"...lol.
    I know most of our dogs (many) years ago loved Dad's beer (Schmidt's of Philadelphia). As did I.
    ---LOVE the names of the brews...my kinda humor!
    ---Budweiser...PALATABLE? BWAHAHAHAHAAAA.
    You MEANT that to be funny, right? Because it WAS!
    ---Nothing wrong with sharing beer with your 4-legged buddy.
    ---Good thinking w/ Scrappy and the ditch.
    ---The stink-eye from a bluebird? Wha???
    ---Always nice to visit the past...ask any time lord. a good time to reflect and remember.
    ---Treat every day as if it's the FIRST, LAST and BEST. You're sure to find a blessing tucked away in there someplace.

    Very good post.

    Stay safe up there, brother.
    (and give Scrappy a head-scratch from us)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advice there. Hard to do with this dast cold wind!

      Delete
  2. I don't fault you at all for letting him enjoy some beer. Our oldest is almost 10 and just started slowing down. By that I mean he isn't joining the other two on walks in the morning every day. He'll just lift his head up and be like, "Nah, you guys go on without me." He also lost his zest for eating full meals. We took him to the vet and spent a ton to find out, drumroll....he's old. So, if our old guy wants a sip or two of beer, I'd give it to him. I'd say he earned it.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Scrappy still loves to do most of the things... except playing with his toys. He just doesn't have the body to do it very long.

      Delete