What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Labor Week Pictures

Which, of course, is a fairly ironic title, as I only labored two days last week...


First, let's go to the last Sunday pics you FBers have already seen...


Stubby at Sunday AM church   brunch

"the Swamp Monarch"


"And now, uhhon our reeeeely big stage, that vocal group taking the kids by storm.... the Four Ducks!"




Now, we skip ahead to Thursday...



The acrobatic styling of Hogwart the squirrel

"And Stubby, the Chip Wonder!"




Which reminds me of a story I have to share here:  One afternoon, I looked out the back door and saw Hoggie busily eating, dumping a literal shower of seed groundward.  At the bottom of the shower sat Stubby, stuffing the falling seed into his pouches with the speed of a maniac.  I laughed way to hard to get a picture.


An early breakfast, just before daybreak...


Mrs Green Heron... I missed a shot at the Mister


And now, here's Friday...



"So, what are all these forms that you guys are putting all over the woods?"
"Oh, there for a frisbee golf course.  Biggest in Fort Wayne.  Supposed to draw lots of people to the area."
(To myself) "As opposed to the nice new one they JUST PUT IN at Shoaff Park, just two miles away...."



"Hey, I'm the Swamp Dragonfly! Don't I rate a mention?"
"You barely rate a picture..."

Mrs Goldfinch (Again, the Mister fled sans portraite...

I love my little orange bugles (actually "jewelweed orange balsam)


And then Monday...



Mr Casual, who managed 3 miles the other day, managed 3/4 of a mile before making Daddy carry him today...

Later on...


I saw this and thought, "Caption:  Geese waiting for the lifeguard to end their rest period."  Took the pic, turned off the camera, turned and saw a deer staring at me just long enough for me to turn the camera back on and him to laugh as he left without posing.

First puffball of the year... I guess it's really autumn...

No, I was nice.  I peed a few trees back, not on the slab.

6 comments:

  1. I love your nature shots! ☺ The simple pleasures found outdoors always have a calming effect, don't they? Work shortages are so stressful. We had our share of those, over the years. Hope the situation improves for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the work has picked up... I wonder if second shift might be getting bad news tonight, though...

      Delete
  2. No!!! Not autumn!! haha

    I love all of your pictures. Especially the ones of the birds and the butterflies. Their colors are gorgeous and bright.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of year is when the flowers just explode here.

      Delete