What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, November 13, 2020

Bad news at black rock...

 


Guess what?  Your favorite Time Lord FORGOT to do a Panel vote this week, mainly do to old age the visit of my grandboys Saturday.  Thus, instead of a full Time Machine, let me catch you up on the M10 this week, which I DID do, and we'll try again next week.  I had three debuts, two of them by acts who have hit the M10 previously.  At #10, here's a duo from NYC who call themselves Purr....






Our second at #9 is the second time from their early 2020 lp Never Not Alone, for Nada Surf...



And third at #8, brand new stuff from M.A.G.S.....




And then, the survivors...


The Ron Keel Band move up 2 to #7 with Ghost Riders In The Sky... BTW, I did some looking up, and here's how many times this tune has charted, under various er, variations of the title...

In 1949, it hit 4 times: Vaughn Monroe got a #1, Peggy Lee a #2, Bing Crosby a #14, and Burl Ives hit #21.

In 1961 the Ramrods got to #30.  Also that year, Lawrence Welk got to #87.

In 1966, the Baja Marimba Band made it to #52.

In 1973, Roy Clark got to #27 on the country chart; 6 years later Johnny Cash got to #2 on that same chart.

And in 1980, Cliff Richards' old mates in The Shadows got to #12 in the UK; while American band the Outlaws did a very similar to the RKB's version that was 31 pop and 15 mainstream rock.


Despite the fact that we disagree on her inspiration on this tune, Roseanne Cash goes from 10 to 6 with Crawl Into The Promised Land.


Continuing a two week rocky streak for the previous week's #1, Blue Oyster Cult tumbles to #5 with Tainted Blood.


Bon Jovi slips a spot down to 4 with Beautiful Drug.


Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons zoom up 4 to #3 with The Girl I'll Never Know.



Acres Wild (and yes, I made sure this was NORWAY'S Acres Wild) climbs two to the runner-up spot with their biggest M10 hit, Mirrorball Stars.

And that means, the new #1......





...Yuno with No Going Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, so I promise to get that Panel for NEXT week going tonight... and hopefully I can re-book Johnny Nash to be here!

6 comments:

  1. You had me stumped this time, until you got to Roseanne Cash and Blue Oyster Cult, I hadn't heard of any of the artists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot are new stuff off my Spotify shuffle. Only rule is I never heard it before I added it to the shuffle. Thus the Four Seasons from 1970 fit with brand new BOC and Bon Jovi.

      Delete
  2. This was probably the one I knew the most artists from. Bon Jovi's big in our house, Hubs is a huge 80's throw back fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the new Bon Jovi was on a par with their best, but I was never a big fan. Be interesting to hear what Hubs thinks of the new stuff.

      Delete