What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Monday, September 13, 2021

Vacation Monday

 As we begin this, I am sipping my latest new beer, a Founders Velvet Rush...

When I looked it up on BeerAdvocate, it was "trending", and was getting a 90 (outstanding) rating.  Mmm, not bad.  It ended up 49th of the 74 beers I've so far rated.  It is 11.2, so it may climb higher as the night goes on, as my typing skills drop.  Nevertheless, I'm here to share pics from our morning trip to Fox Island Nature Preserve and county park.  It isn't an island, nor did the lake therein have one, so I have no idea where the name came from.  Knowing the wacky way this computer likes to re-order the first set of pics, I'll put the one that needs to go first first, and from there on in, you're on your own.  BTW, I always thought 'wacky' was with a 'wh'.  Thanks, red squiggle!


"..all right, fellows... let's GOOOOO!!!!!"

Misty meets Bowman Lake

They have a Doggie Beach!  Due to our exuberance, this wasn't exactly it, but...



Surprisingly enough, she wasn't all that enchanted...


Into the trails

"Nope, no idea."





Kingfisher photobombing the lake




The view from the "preserve".  Preserved from all but traffic noise, I have to say...






Thought it was a 'skrat at the time... might be a beaver

Something was escaping along the waterline and caught Misty's attention






The rest of the day was lunch, nap, and groceries.  Oh, and a couple of beers.  Doggie is already ready to go to bed.

4 comments:

  1. Love your pics! It looks so peaceful, serene. And Misty is soooo cute!! :) Enjoy your vacay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it would look peaceful up against a tropical storm...

      Delete