What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, September 17, 2023

Picture time

 A short set of pictures- lately, nothing unusual has been photogenic- except these:

Thursday afternoon


Bright blue day 

Heading to Shoaff Park!




Always glad to get off the "share the road" section

Misty chooses to off-road

An attempt at a rope swing, I guess

arrival

Kids exercise class

This is new....



"I don't wanna come out!"






Obligatory squirrel pic

The back way, again


Nature's urinal


Next, Friday morning:



New at the "world's smallest airstrip", aka soon to be cricket field

a turf roll...

...and plenty of glue!  Stay tuned...

Other than that, just a neighbor getting their halloween on

And Saturday:


Bright and I can barely see- Misty got me up well before I was ready

I thought maybe this was kayaking gear but I was wrong- more in a moment


First, check out the mist on the water...


and in it, lol

No, this was gear for the Fort Wayne Archaeological Society, prepping for a nearby dig



And the turf for the cricket square is applied!


6 comments:

  1. So many bloody nice photos that brighten my morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next week will have some nice ones- it was truly gorgeous today!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea turf had to be glued down. But I guess fake turf would. So cool that you have community rowing and cricket. The rec center here is doing beginner classes in pickleball, which might be more our speed. Got to get the Hubs ready for retirement in a few years, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't say that the rowing is my thing (but we do have a nice waterway for it!), but I'm curious to watch a cricket match. I'll have to consult the "cricket for dummies" again, though...

      Delete
  3. Misty sure loves the water, doesn't she? ☺ I'm surprised to see a cricket field in your area. I didn't realize that sport was popular in the U.S. An archaeological dig? How exciting! Thanks for sharing your nature walks. They're always a pleasure to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does! (Excepting the shower, lol) I guess we do have a cricket group, but how popular it is I'm curious to see.

      Delete