What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, November 17, 2023

M10 show week #95

 


Elvis:  Hey, whaddwe orderin' tonight?

Nothing, if you ain't buying!  Short weeks, remember?

Man, if'n they'd just let me back in my bank account...

If they did, I'd LET you be the star of the show!  This week, our features go to 1974, and our M10 adds two new songs!  Here's the first of those, at #10- it's more Cafune...


**********************************************

So, when you gonna let everyone in on yer top 15?

Well, the 'bottom 5' tend to do a lot more fluctuating, so I just kinda use it to 'remind me' of songs I want to push up into the ten...

This week, though, ya tol' me ya got 4 of 'em trying to push in... that's a lot a spots!

Yep, and I don't know how they would all fit!  Possibly three openings COULD come up next week... but by no means certain.  Just so you know- I play my shuffle on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, arrange them blind (i.e. I don't look at the previous chart), and when they're all done playing I number them and see what I've got!  I had quite a handful- with a little re-arranging- on 11-15, but the top I was fairly happy with the first take.  Maybe I'll consider bringing the whole 15 in after the first of the year... unless your Christmas Party gets us cancelled!

Not gettin' anywhere with it might get me cancelled...

Well, that would be a net cost savings...

Hey!  Just go to 1974!

Good idea.  So this week our friends in Australia were smack dab in-between the 8th week of Paper Lace's The Night Chicago Died at the top (also a #1 here, 2 in Canada) and the 1st of 4 for Olivia Newton-John's I Honestly Love You (#1 on all three charts at some point).  Canada had hometown boys BTO at the top with You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, a #1 here and a peak of 4 in Australia.  Cashbox had the Plastic Ono Nuclear Band (just say John Lennon) and Whatever Gets You Through The Night at the top this week, a #2 in Canada but a resounding #34 in Australia (where I prefer it, lol).

Using the same tough bar I used last week and got 19 Songs I Wouldn't Turn Off, this week I got just five.  Given that short a list, I'll let you in on the whole list this time:

My fifth choice was a soon to be #1 here and in Canada, and 2 in Australia, sitting at #80 (week #2) on this week's CB- Frankie Valli and My Eyes Adored You.

My fourth was a tune that would peak here and Canada at 4 and 11 in Australia- debuting at #90 on this week's CB, Wings and Junior's Farm.

My third would be a a #12 here, somehow 4 in Canada, and 32 peak for Australia, sitting at 63 on this week's CB- Jethro Tull's Bungle In The Jungle.

My runner up would be a #93 debut on CB, but would hit the top here and in Canada, 4 in Australia- Barry Manilow's Mandy.

And my top SIWTO this week- sitting this week at #14 on CB on its way to #9, 12 in Canada and #51 in Australia...

As Ken Lynch would say, I'm going to have to take a stick to you lot down there...

.... Chicago's Wishing You Were Here, featuring backing vocals by the Beach Boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


****************************************************

If'n yer through threatening Australia for 50-year old sins, how's about I play the other debut?  So this girl used to perform under the name of the band, but now does so under her real name- Greta Kline, daughter of Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates.  But the band still goes by the name, so here's Frankie Cosmos at #9....


*********************************************************

Short n' sweet!  Ready fer the rest of the ten?


Got it!  Here we go...

8- Jason Isbell with the year's biggest hit to date, Save The World down from 3...

7- Up 2 for Juliana Hatfield and her cover of Can't Get It Out Of My Head...

6- Duran Duran's Black Moonlight, down 1...

5- Alvvays up 3 with Tile By Tile...

4- Also up three, a song I never thought would make it this far, Hozier with Brandi Carlile and Damage Gets Done...

3- down one, Aiden Bissett's Ultraviolet....

2- Up 2, a-ha's acoustic Take On Me....

And still at the top....



...Dark Side Of Light and Summer Breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It might be a bit before they step down, so sit back, relax, and see you day after Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. I love Jethro Tull! ☺ Interesting tidbit about Greta Kline, whom I didn't know. Her parents sure are famous, though. Nice to see Dark Side of Light hanging in there. Have a good weekend and a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in and checking out some music because music is so important to our souls

    ReplyDelete