 |
| "This week was next week last week..." |
Okay, so we've had a couple walks, but you know me, I have to give a lead in...
LAST week, we were so far ahead at our plant, we started the week after next last week. In the meantime, our other plant was supposedly way, way behind. Our boss refrained from asking for more items to cut, not wanting to a) work overtime, and b)get stuck with something hideous for months on end.
THIS week, we were already running out of NEXT week's (last week's week after next) stuff to cut Monday afternoon; so one cutter was sent home (and will be again tomorrow), one went home early (and presumably did so again today), and I toughed it out.
Which meant that today, I was out of next week's stuff VERY early. The boss went to check on what we had left, and when I joined him, not only had we no new dropins for THIS week or NEXT week, but the other plant was supposedly- miraculously- (told to me with the caveat, "Unless they're lying") on the edge of running out of stuff to do by Thursday (today being my Tuesday), and nothing in the cue for this week's week after next AT ALL- so I went home at 1030 and asked the boss to set me up 'inventory stuff' to do tomorrow. Which is essentially the same as getting stuck with something hideous, though it doesn't necessarily repeat itself for months on end.
Which brings us to our walks, one Monday night and our ill- thought out excursion to Shoaff Park today. Here we go!
 |
| There goes Mommy, zooming off to work! |
 |
| Today's abandoned clothing: a hoodie |
 |
| First time we ever saw a white crane right at the landing... |
Ready? Time for today's adventure...
 |
| Another beautiful day! |
 |
| There's our roofers, at the half-mile mark |
 |
| 3/4 mile mark- so far, so good! |
 |
| Across the river, we run into Hallowe'en wonderland |
 |
| The Graveyard was our 1-mile mark |
 |
| The rowing guys |
 |
| I may have made that bimini cover... |
 |
| We have arrived! |
 |
| This is approximately half our normal walk- and not even to the Shoaff landing yet! |
 |
| Hi ho, hi ho, back to the rack we go... |
 |
| "Boy, did I need this!" |
 |
| Pollution control- pumping something out of the golf course |
 |
| This squirrel marked our 2-mile point |
 |
| Then we saw a big fat ground hog, rolling around and sunning himslef |
 |
| He saw us, and split. Once gone, then I let Misty track him down... |
 |
| ...but holes in the bank still 'Misty-fy' her |
 |
| Honestly, I have never seen a bush of these flowers (Fleabane, but we always called them "doggie buttons") this high- as tall as I am! |
 |
| Halfway around the great circle- this is where our 'normal' walk would end... |
 |
The three mile mark
|
 |
| Never noticed befoere- click on the pic to see all the neat signs on this house- or is it Goober's service station? |
 |
| Four miles down, 1/2 to go... but darn, this hill! |
To be honest, Misty considered the cost of diving into the river halfway across the bridge coming back. I didn't blame her! By the point above, we were both dragging badly. I told Misty we'd cop another rest break under those trees on the left, and that gave her a goal worth pulling for again. I believe, due to advancing age on both our parts, next trip to Shoaff will be BY CAR.
No comments:
Post a Comment