What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, August 24, 2018

Vacation Thursday- Black Pines

So after the lovely wildflower walk, and before the food coma from my brilliant idea ("Let's go to Red Lobster, but don't order the same thing we always get") there was a jaunt to Black Pines...



Cody the chimp, sadly missed..



They have a new program to try to keep the animal disturbance down- make one person from each party who's been there before an "ambassador", helping to remind others to obey the rules.  I spent a bit of our beginning  scolding Laurie for leaning on "keep off" signs and making squirrel noises to monkees.


"Yeah. I'm not paying attention to her, anyways.  You, either."

I so want a Patagonian Cavy for a pet.  Doubt the complex would approve it... or my old butt could keep up...




Lazy day... baby you'n'me, and the honeybees...











God...what did I drink last night?






Hey... that's a funny looking lion...







And those don't look like "male alligator"...

"They aren't, you idiot..."
"I'm the male alligator, you simpleton..."

This guy here actually made New Haven's mayor ban live animals as New Haven Days prizes..


From the radio commercial:"This is about the worst boa in America, the one who posts on the other job sites looking for anyone with a pulse, Let's call him Dave..."

"Heh, that was pretty funny for a simpleton!"

Laurie poses with Ft Wayne Mayor Tom Henry...

I read his sign.  "Greater Rhea".  I said, "Better than being Dia-Rhea."  He made kind of a loud moo at me and walked away.


Oh, got to let you in on the one thing I didn't photograph, the white Cockatiel.  We were having a nice conversation- mostly "hello, hey baby" and the like.  Then I said "Whatzup?"  He screamed so loud I thought I was going to get fired from being an ambassador...  I think he called me an ass once, too...

2 comments:

  1. Chris:
    ---Glad you two got to Black Pines again...always look forward to seeing the trip.
    ---You could always say that CAVY is a "funny looking dog" and be done with it...
    As for keeping up with it. Can you get a saddle?
    (or roller skates with that long leash)
    ---Love the tiger pics.
    (they got kitty cats there, too)
    That's the kind of "community cat" I would LOVE to have to keep kids quiet and off the property!
    (come to think of it, we probably wouldn't HAVE any kids around at all...or "neighbors"...*urp*)
    I can work with that.
    ---The chipmunk can run THAROUGH those cages. What's he doing INSIDE (maybe lunch for "Leo"?)
    ---They got one HUGE honking gator there!
    (Geez!)
    ---Laurie posing w/ mayor Henry...ROFLMAO!
    (now THAT'S entertainment)
    ---You always know how to bring out the best in those wild critters, don'cha?

    Excellent road trip.

    Stay safe (and gator-free) up there, brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about the best, but certainly the loudest...

      Delete