What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Pictures

Well, this week I was pretty quiet... so let me make up for it in the pictures I had sitting in my camera.  First, from the 10th...

This was the day I tried walking the disc golf course to see how big it was.  Had a perfect shot of this deer in the middle of it, but my cheap camera batteries didn't like how cold it was and gave the camera sudden epilepsy.  I did catch him in the brush, though.


Afterwards, the boys came over for a belated birthday party for Peanut that we missed in the hospital.  No, Wiggles wasn't being a brat; Gammaw Laurie was not trying to strangle him.

Peanut became the proud owner of a trampoline, and we all had ice cream cake.

"Well, except for me..."


We skip ahead to a walk on the 18th wherein I saw something I hadn't seen in a few years, and never in broad daylight...

No, not the squirrel...



A skunk!



Then we come all the way up to this morning...


Frosty this morning- but no wind, so it was pretty pleasant...

Heron looking for a water spot that wasn't frozen

...and it ain't the Swamp

How about the river?



Yep, the river works!

Just to remind you you're in Ft Wayne... ducks sail past a shopping cart

In the woods, two squirrels playing.  I did see a deer in the ravine, but he saw me first.


I got up to about 6 feet from this guy before he decided to move...


7 comments:

  1. Peanut and Wiggles are such cuties! ☺ And I enjoyed the nature photos, as well. We see skunks around here, all the time. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to see the skunks a lot more, but a lot of brush has been cleared where you CAN go, and they usually go where we don't. The last one we saw was a couple years back, almost all white, digging up grubs all over the back yard.

      Delete
  2. Baby photos make me feel happy and that is one cute baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, babies. Just saying the word makes me go into grandma goo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we have a Gammaw here that's the same way...

      Delete
  4. We have a few skunk families around here. I usually see them at dusk in the spring. Not much to report for wildlife here though, just renegade turkey herds and I did see an owl carrying it's prey the other day in the mail truck. Funny, on that one road I see more than I see even in the woods around here.

    ReplyDelete