What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday message-the baby seat



As we took a Saturday morning walk, I was praying and reflecting, and I realized that the problem I had with the  people on Social Media last weekend was that they were the type of people back in the day who would have thought the "God is my co-pilot" bumper stickers were really cool.  And maybe you did, too, but here's why they were not:

It indicated that God was in MY car.

He was available to assist at a moment's notice, but it was ME driving.

And if you think about that God's purpose is HIS glory, you get why this wasn't a good thing.

No, where God wants us to be is in HIS car, in the back, in the Baby Seat.

How do I figure?

If you were here for the Wednesday Bible Study on Ephesians, you learned with me that the Whole Armor Of God that Paul taught was in every piece linked to the RETURN of Jesus.  That OUR strength is in HIS sure promise.  Just like Jehoshaphat, we strap on the armor, step back and let God win the battle.  And the baby seat is like this how?

We aren't driving. 
It doesn't go outside the car and knock obstacles away.
It doesn't soar the vehicle over potholes.
It doesn't even have an effect on which way the car goes.

But what it DOES do, it gives us the promise that where ever the ride takes us, we will be SAFE.

The SM people who fought with me want to be Christians THEIR way, and that way included ignoring Jeremiah's advice against conspiracy theories, ignored everything Jesus said about putting others first, and made it clear they had another idol- politics- as their co-pilot.  Or maybe with THEIR politics driving and "God as my co-pilot".

Either way, they were in the wrong car...

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this analogy. This is such a tough time. I am learning more about myself, those I love, and those I don't, in how they are handling this *new* normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that's what I am trying to do, to. Thankfully I have a lot of friends like you who share their examples and help me.

      Delete
  2. So well stated. It is tiresome to have to deal with that group of people.

    ReplyDelete