What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Memorial Doggie walk II

 


So first, let me tell you about the afternoon of the greedy birds.  It was mainly our avian friends, including Mrs Cardinal and her hubby, along with the red-headed finches, working the feeder during the Indy 500- but then arose such a clatter, as they say at Christmastime, and I saw Mr Blue Jay, here, chasing everyone with his boisterous landing on the feeder, grabbing a beakfull, and then perching on the fence and breaking his prizes open on it.


Now, on to Monday- Misty's first trip to Johnny Appleseed.



Our first fisherman of the day.  Asked a more human one, "Fish bitin'?"  Shook his head and said, "Not yet."  I said, "That's what I heard yesterday!"

River was dead calm.

Now we know where the geese are all hanging out with their young'uns- under the Coliseum bridge.

And, we're here!





Just before this, we saw a huge raccoon, having made his rounds of the campsite garbage bins, and heading for the river.


The "rich man's doggie park" ($40 for a season pass, with proof of vaccinations)- 60,000 sq ft and all the doggies hanging in one spot with their humans.

"If it were me, I'd be running around.  Maybe not right now, but..."

Heading home.  I think this might be the first time I've crossed the span without fearing for my hat blowing off.


Taking a break under the spreading Cottonwood


"Hey, flying after bugs is hard work!"

Not exactly sure how a big blue ball gets stuck on the creek bank.  Fort Wayne, litter capital of the world.


6 comments:

  1. What a bloody good walk, I feel refreshed and happy from it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to do more of these posts. It's been hard to, what with all the losses from those who I associated with them. But life goes on.

      Delete
  2. I can not believe there are PAY dog parks. That's crazy cakes. We have a creek that runs down to the ocean. It goes by the basketball courts about a half mile before it ends. It has a VERY strong current so you can't go into it. Thankfully there are several places where the balls get stuck before they get to the sea and become the seals toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a city park, and they charge for everything. If we got out that way more- and Misty was a bit easier with other doggies- it might be worth it.

      Delete
  3. That's an expensive dog park! Most you would pay here is $20 for year-round access and it's strictly voluntary. Love your doggie walk pics! It's so peaceful, communing with nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm beginning to think I should show the Parks Dept the out of town comments about the dog park...

      Delete