What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, July 25, 2021

The Better Part, week #30

 


This week's FB posts:


The Better Part, Day #162:
 
So if you know your Bible, you can answer the question: Who is the Bible's version of Superman?" with Samson, right?
 
Superman gets his amazing powers from exposure to Earth's yellow sun, according to his creators.
 
Do you know what Samson's name in Hebrew means?
 
"From H8121; SUNLIGHT; Shimshon, an Israelite: - Samson."
 
I wonder if anyone realized that?
 
 
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #163:
 
 
Today, my boss was offering me to read this book (I didn't try to catch the author, as he's going to loan it to me anyway) about being a leader who is soft spoken and tries to never get upset or raise his voice. Apparently this author does a daily podcast as well, and the other day he asked his listeners to do an exercise- Ask a friend why you are friends. He mentioned that you would probably start out with an uncomfortable listing of qualities and so forth, before you dug down to how the friend makes you feel.
 
I thought, how much do I need to keep doing this with Jesus! I can come up with a million wonderful things, but until I stop seeing Him as "in the way" when I want to sin, how do I really feel?
 
 
The Better Part, Day #164:
 
 
Luk 23:39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him, saying, "Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
Luk 23:40 But the other rebuked him, saying, "Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation?
Luk 23:41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong."
Luk 23:42 And he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
Luk 23:43 And he said to him, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." 
 
 
Two men. One telling the Lord, "Get me out of my pain, so I can keep living life the way I want! If not, what good are you?"
The other, saying, "I know that my pain is mine. But I know that You hold the promise of happiness beyond this life."
 
Which one received their desire?
 
 
 
 
The Better Part, Day #165:
 
 
Act 6:3 Therefore, brothers, pick out from among you seven men of good repute, full of the Spirit and of wisdom, whom we will appoint to this duty.
Act 6:4 But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."
Act 6:5 And what they said pleased the whole gathering, and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolaus, a proselyte of Antioch.
Act 6:6 These they set before the apostles, and they prayed and laid their hands on them. 
 
 
Listening to a q and a show Saturday, I was reminded that to be a leader, God requires an anointing. Any time I start to consider myself a "leader" I need to humble myself and remember I am not an anointee by any stretch. But just as the special anointing didn't stop either Phillip or Stephen from preaching the Word, I still am under the commission of Christ to share what I learn.
 

1 comment: