What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, April 10, 2022

Sunday Message

 

You might have noticed the "Better Part" posts have dwindled.    Right now, I'm sharing when I am led to, but I do want to share my heart at this point.


One lesson I learned early last week is something I bring up in the next Bible Study- that if you don't pay attention, you're not listening. If all I get out of tuning my radio in at 6 AM to listen to Pastor A is the fact that I tuned in my radio on time, it does me no good.  In studying for the following week's Bible study this morning, I read two parables, side by side, that reminded me of one thing- for the seed to grow, it's got to get into my "ground".  My 'good soil' is nothing if the seed doesn't get into it.  Maybe that's why the BP posts have dwindled, but not entirely.  However, this post is not "Chris psychoanalyses himself" so we move on.


Almost every pastor I DO pay attention to is hitting the same subject right now- the End of the Age.  I'm not going to stand here wearing the posterboard telling you 'the end is near'.  But it is drawing nearer.  A lot of prophecy is being moved towards a final goal right now.  And if you are the seed that falls on the rocky soil, who likes my warm and fuzzy faith posts but not the 'look in the mirror' stuff, you might react different than I do.  You might not see the Russian war in Ukraine as one sign of what's coming, but their presence in Syria as a bigger one.  You might see the coming 'cashless society' as a convenience and miss the connection to 666.  You might see some of the current "tolerance" preaching as a good thing and not know it was predicted as a 'falling away.'  But if you read, truly read, the Word of God, you cannot help wondering how close we really are.  How much worse it's going to get.


You might not realize you are the frog in the pot of water, not noticing death coming on as the water goes from warm to boiling very slowly.


I'm not looking at panicking you, exactly.  There may be time; man doesn't know how hot the pot will get before it's too late to get out.  What I will say is this:  It takes just a few minutes to read a page or two of the Bible.  It takes a lot longer to understand that you need the wisdom to understand it, and get something out of it.  It takes the willingness to ask, to dig, to seek counsel.  It takes prayer and meditation.  And it takes being willing to sell all to obtain the Pearl of Great Price.  It takes weeding out the astrology, the 'settled science', the 'all paths lead to heaven' prophets, and gain ONE FOCUS.


It don't take me.  It takes you and Him.

1 comment: