What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Picture time

 This week, I have just Friday and Saturday- but they are definitely eventful...

Just after 7AM

Bunny barely moved, until Misty was right on her

It was just a little misty (so to speak), so believe me when I say that lighter dot at wood's edge was indeed a deer


Duck hens. They stayed right there, even while Misty was in the water about 6 feet away

Somebody has drawn the line at the cricket pitch- not straight either, I might add

The difference an inch or so of rain water makes






Next up was a fun story.  We had rounded the corner near the woods and were about halfway to the bend that would take us over the hill to Groundhog Road and then home.  I spotted this buck rocketing towards us from clear over at the canal, and Misty watched in amazement as, just like the bunny last week, it roared past us...


...then got to the woods and looked back to see who he just passed.



I have to apologize for the spots.  This camera allows for dirt to get to the inner lens, but thus far has shown me no way to get it out.

Second bunny of the day.  I was beginning to think the coyote had ate them all.

Then we come to Saturday- a vastly different kind of day...


Probably the foggiest walk we ever went on...



Figured this might be the only clear picture we got, lol


You can't see them, but since we got up late, the fields were swarming with hundreds of socceristas and their families.  No lie!

I told this group, "They'd better let you sit in the middle of the field if you want to actually see anything!"

By my reckoning, visibility varied between a a tenth and just over a 20th of a mile...

Literally hundreds of people all around- you could hear them, but see no more than a dozen at a time.





Even the river was mostly MIA





See the little bonesy popping out of the jack o'lantern?  It has a motion detector- comes out whn you approach, returns when you leave.


And now, for scenes from Grayson's fourth birthday party...


Isaiah doing Isaiah things


Birthday boy



Camera wasn't happy inside, either...


Monster truck on the cake... keep this in mind...


Blowing out the candle



The haul

Birthday boy, Mommy, Sis, Daddy

They're still in the boxes, but the one from the cake is ready for play...


I did a much better job of catching Mommy's reactions...


3 comments:

  1. Such a good walk, walking in fog can leave one feeling damp, well it has done to me.

    Looking at the great photos of your grandsons made me think of when my grandsons were little and loved being with Nana, I kinda miss those days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to savor the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That leaping buck was quite a shot! There are lens cleaning kits you can buy for your camera, or take it to a camera store. I'm sure they could get the lens clean.

    Happy birthday to your grandson! It looks like all had a good time. ☺

    ReplyDelete