What is it about nice people that attract total idiots?Nice people are martyrs. Idiots are evangelists.

SOCK IT TO ME BABY!!!

Friday, October 13, 2023

M10 show week #90

 


Say, if'n this is week 90, that means week 100 will be just before Christmas!  We should throw a party like the good ol' days!

Well, somebody's in a good mood!  Did you get enough pizza?

Yeah- c'n hardly believe ya saved me some!

We hardly did!  If you remember, a Christmas party is a LOT of work- and we'll need a theme...

I'll get right on it!  What year'll we be doing by then?

Um, lemmee see... I think 1970...

Christmas 1970... got it.

Anyway, back to today's adventure, which is taking us to features from 1959, along with 3 M10 debuts and a new #1!  Best get started on the new music...

This first 'un kinda surprises me from you....

Me too- I love how they play an existential crisis song off a song being sung by a doll...

Exis-who?  I dunno about that, but this'n's from that Barbie movie, and a first M10-er for Billie Elish, at #10...



*********************************************************

Not sure I get the video...

Not many I do anymore!  Anyhow, It's time for our #1s in the world/Song I wouldn't turn off feature in 1959.  I picked out 4 songs- and I'm gonna share all four of them!  All of them were top tens in all three nations- one of them was #1 in all three!  I've been delaying picking my favorite, because it's whisker-thin margins here, and...

Hey windy, while you get done tellin' yer story, here's the debut at #9, so's yer fans don't get bored!  No stranger here, it's Duran Duran...



**********************************************************

All right, Mr Rude!  I'll go on and get right to both at once- you'll see why in a moment!

My fourth pick is at #1 on Cashbox this week- also in Canada, while Australia peaked it at #5.  Bobby Darin's Mack The Knife!

My third pick is Cashbox's #4 this week- it had already hit #1 here- and also in both Canada and Australia!  The current Australian #1 in fact- The Browns and The Three Bells!

My second pick is at CB's # 3- it peaked at 2 here, 3 in Canada, and 10 in Australia- Santo and Johnny's Sleepwalk!

And my top song I wouldn't turn off this week- a future #1 here and in Canada, at #8 this week, and a #7 hit in Australia...



...The Fleetwoods and Mr Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gretchen had the hots fer me...

Oh, I'm sure she did... anyhow, our big debut at #7- and it's got a huge bullet!  New from Talk....




*****************************************************


Man, that there rocks!  What else we got?

Just the rest of the ten...


8- Up one spot for Amira Elfeky and Coming Down...

6- trading spots with #5, Dan + Shay's Neon Cowgirl...

5- Buck Meek with Didn't Know You Then...

4- Fresh from a 2-week run at the top, Whitney and Kansas...

3- Back up one spot, Smash Mouth and Underground Sun...

2- and holding, Aiden Bissett's Ultraviolet...

And now at the top once again...



...Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit with Save The World!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next time, Lord willing!

2 comments:

  1. I have had these songs playing in the background as I have visited different blogs songs I don't usually hear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope they made the reading enjoyable, although I bet Wasteland might have been distracting...

      Delete